Menu
dave_g
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box expectations

Hi, with the v6 box in the pipeline will this finally address the slow slow response times from tivo boxes?
Is there any info regarding when these boxes are going to be available and if there is going to be more costs involved.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations

dave_g wrote:
Hi, with the v6 box in the pipeline will this finally address the slow slow response times from tivo boxes?
The V6 does load fas, people who have it report that it loads things near instantly regardless of whatever load it has on it recording wise, take for example this post, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/How-Many-Tuners/m-p/3259657#M413

Slowness of the current TiVo is being looked into.

Is there any info regarding when these boxes are going to be available and if there is going to be more costs involved.

I'm moving your topic to the V6 board so you can get better advise about this and other aspects of the STB.

Edit: It was moved before I got to do it.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its a vary fast box. In fact being used to the slow tivo took me time to get used to it being so fast. Netflix, Youtube, iPlayer all load instantly and work. 

@Shelke The Mods are on form today as I was posting it was moved.

Edit: wrong @ mention. I am not on form today... More then likely because Kippies Kudo'ed a post and the name popped up.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tidus Well normally it's a good thing that they're on form, but when you've composed a message and hit post --- only to see a yellow warning box telling you the thing you were replying to isn't there any more, that's kind of annoying as you lose whatever you had in the reply window Cat Sad

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree and exactly what i was met with just now.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos