Menu
Pippage
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box doesn't work with denon avr x2200

Has the v6 box switched to hdcp 2.2, whereas previous box wasn't?

Old box worked fine through my denon avr, but now with new v6, it's advises my tv doesn't support hdcp 2.2
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box doesn't work with denon avr x2200

Yeah the v6 is 2.2 as it does 4k
0 Kudos
jon_s1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am in a similar boat - got my VM TV V6 yesterday evening.

I uninstalled my old VM box, which was working fine.  Activated the new box and installed the new box.  All was going well, I got through the to welcome screen.  I forgot to plug in the ethernet cable, so the screen came up to tell me that.  The box then spent a while updating, so I just left it over night.

In the morning, all was well.  The box had finished updating and then went to play TV.  I got the VM channel list overlay and sound of the channel, but no picture.

Now, when I restart the box, I get the starting up graphics and about a second or two of the channel graphics, but no TV picture.  The graphics then dissapear after a second, it the sound continuing.

I have changed all the cables.  I have switched TVs.  I have checked the Denon is running the latest software.  I have checked the TV6 is fully updated.  I have reset the TV6 box.  I have tried to force a handshake by pulling out the HDMI cable into the Denon. I have unplugged the router, amp and TV6 box.  I have double checked the HDMIs are going into the ARC channel HDMI on the TV(s). The TV6 works if I attach directly to the TV. 

The Denon is completely capable of running hdcp 2.2, so I don't really know what else to do.  No doubt, Virgin will say it is not their issue.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think if you run a v6 into a 4k amp, then into a 1080 Tv it wont work
0 Kudos
jon_s1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Interesting, so if I get a UHD TV it might work?  Could see if I have a friendly mate who has one! 

0 Kudos