Menu
GC1028
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 47
Flag for a moderator

V6 box does not show recording light(s)

I’ve just upgraded from an old V+ box to the new V6 box the other day. When the engineer came I was surprised was how small the V6 box is.

I have read that the new V6 can record 6 programmes at the same which is 4 times more than my old V+ box. One thing I have discovered that I’m disappointed about the new V6 box is that there are no recording lights on the panel compared to when I was recording on my V+ box where I could see one or two red lights. I got used to seeing the red lights on the V+ box and now you have to press “My Shows” button and on screen see if one or more of your programmes are recording.

Is it because the box is smaller there’s no room to show up to 6 recording lights?
Having read the guide book that comes with the new box there’s a page about On Screen Icons and it shows the R symbol in it does.

Why could they not show the R symbol and multiple R’s on that little panel screen?
In my opinion I think this is a major flaw that VM have missed.

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box does not show recording light(s)

I don't understand why you would need an indication to show it's recording? It has 6 tuners so your not going to have a clash
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Along the same lines, with 6 tuners if you've set a broadcast to record then unless something goes seriously wrong it'll have recorded.

Micromanaging the TiVo isn't necessary at all.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
GC1028
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I suppose it’s what I’m used to seeing from the old V+ box. It would have been a nice to see something displaying be it 1 or 6 tuners on the go

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 47
Flag for a moderator

GC1028 wrote:

I suppose it’s what I’m used to seeing from the old V+ box.

There are quite a few changes from the V+HD box, most of them for the better, but any TiVo powered device can take some getting used to. It's most certainly not a V+HD with a bigger HDD Smiley Very Happy

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 6 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I could see a problem with no recording light..
When i goto bed i normally switch all my stuff off at the tv socket..a recording light would on my tivo normally reminds me not to unplug my stuff and leave it on all night..thus i have uncovered the no recording light serious oversight..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Dereklad wrote:
When i goto bed i normally switch all my stuff off at the tv socket..a recording light would on my tivo normally reminds me not to unplug my stuff and leave it on all night..thus i have uncovered the no recording light serious oversight..

You mean you're unplugging the TiVo designed to be left on all the time?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 47
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

Dereklad wrote:

You mean you're unplugging the TiVo designed to be left on all the time?

And that would only tell you what was currently recording not anything that was due to record in the next few hours

Dereklad
Superfast
Message 9 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Huhh tivo is sopposed to be left on all the time sucking electicity off the grid and popping that excess onto my bill..where does it say that..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Well powered, not necessarily on - if you put it into standby it's down to the usual 0.1W or so. It downloads EPG updates, receives software updates and performs maintenance overnight, which it can't do if you're removing power to it.