Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box cost for existing customers

So I'm on....

VIVID 200
TV XL (full house?)
Talk Unlimited

....and yet if I want a new V6 box it'll cost me an extra £41 per month plus £65 install fee!! Thats £134 per month! Not exactly what I'd call a 'deal'.

Anyone get the new box for free?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box cost for existing customers

If you look around the forum, you will find many similar reports. Basically, the online upgrade function is BROKEN.

Call in to get the right answer and place an order.

The one-off costs are correct for you, £49.95 + £14.99, roughly £65 but there should be no additional monthly charges to replace a TiVo, unless you are on a generous retentions deal.

reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to customer relations yesterday, and they advised that the initial promotonal price of £49.95 for those on 200 Vivid actually finished a couple of weeks ago, and they wanted to charge me over £100. I told them that there was absolutely no way I was paying over £100 to get a box that should perform the way the Tivo always should have done.

The fellow was going to go and see what he could sort out and phone me back, but nothing so far.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you don't get a reply call again and choose the 'thinking of leaving' option so you get through to Retentions.. see what they can do for you.

0 Kudos
Marni1971
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speak to retentions. I was on 150 meg and XL and got the V6 for the nominal £65.

Got boosted to 200 meg and a monthly loyalty discount to boot too!
0 Kudos
flossie1957
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

my daughter has just got a free upgrade from a tivo box to a v6 box for being a loyal customer for 4 years we have not and we have been customers ever since virgin took over the service

0 Kudos
brian1960
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Went on wechat said tivo was constantly freezing and pixilating and can it be fixed or replaced.replied can be upgraded to v6 box for £20 activation only.sent by quickstart and now up and running.give it a go.
0 Kudos