Menu
m0bov
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 box activation issues

Virgin please activate my second v6 box

Its a door stop at the moment, i gave up trying to speak to someone on the phone.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin please activate my second v6 box

Hi M0bov, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having trouble activating your 2nd V6 box. 

We're not able to activate it via the forums. You need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

How are things since you've posted? I'm hoping all is sorted. 

Come back to update us. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Duggy34
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box activation issues

V6/Tivo activations are down at the moment and have been since 13th April 2017. That didn't stop Virgin Media delivering my new V6 box on 14th April and letting me de-activating my old Tivo box without telling me I wouldn't be able to activate the new box or re-activate the old box.

I called them on 14th April and they couldn't get an engineer out until 19th April so, no TV over Easter weekend for us then. Even when the engineer came out all he could do was try another box and call in to confirm there were still problems with activations.

I called in again 20th April to be told that the problem was being worked on and had an expected fix time of 12.30pm on 21st April.

Surprise, surprise it's still not activating. It gets stuck at "Verifying" when installing the software. So now this is the 12th day I've not had the TV service I'm still paying for.

You'll also notice that all the contact regarding this issue has been made by me. There has been no update from Virgin Media apart from sending me really annoying e-mails telling me about all the great things I can do with my new V6 box. Funnily enough,  door stop wasn't one of the uses they suggested.

If you are thinking about getting a new V6 or Tivo box please call Virgin Media 1st and check that their activations are up and running as the are definitely not at the moment.