Menu
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 26 (694 Views)

Re: V6 box, Harmony Elite and Amazon Alexa

So did you get it working? I still have the old TiVo, and the TV Anywhere app works over wifi but my new Logitech Harmony hub doesn't see it as it only seems to have line-of-sight IR, which is almost useless for me. The Harmony setup detected my Apple TV and Yamaha AV amp over wifi but not the TiVo, so I was hoping the new V6 would have better connectivity.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 12 of 26 (622 Views)

Hi William-R,

Thanks for your query.

Hopefully, a member of the Community will pop back with further advice regarding the third party equipment mentioned.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 13 of 26 (610 Views)

The Harmony hub only works via IR (and select Wifi Devices, but that depends on Logitech supporting them).
You are correct that it needs line of sight to operate the v6, but the hub should have come with IR extension cables which you can then place where needed.

i.e. for my setup the AMP is hidden away and I ran the extension through, you just have to ensure that the remote is configured to use the IR repeater in addition to the Hub (configured via the website).

Superfast
Message 14 of 26 (598 Views)

My V6 works fine with Harmony Ultimate and hub. Line of sight not needed.

The only button not working on the Harmony is the "Search". But no big deal.

Logitech are tring to get it working but i'm not holding my breath.( I emailed them )

Works with Alexa but quicker with remote.

Tuning in
Message 15 of 26 (580 Views)

I've still got the old TiVO (V6 on order) but yes, I have got it working. Mostly. I have the Harmony Hub with line of sight for the IR to TiVO, TV and Panasonic DVD / surround sound. I use Alexa to run a combination of controls from the Harmony app and Yonomi. Still trying to work a few bugs out and see which app works best for what.

So far, I have voice control for:

• Turning on TV, TiVO, surround sound and setting it to my home channel
  • Turning on Amazon Fire TV & surround sound
  • Turning it all off
  • Changing to most channels
  • Bringing up EPG
  • Entering PIN (that'll be turned off when the kids are old enough to know what it does!)

Things I'm struggling with through Alexa.

• Volume control - our particularly Panasonic surround sound is notoriously difficult for this apparently
  • Need to sort out some of the channel changes as Yonomi doesn't recognise some so need to streamline which are live in which app
  • Moving around in the EPG; this is the one that's driven me mad most, but I'll get there!

I still need to build a few more controls to control fast-forward, pause, rewind, DVD control, connect up Wii, Playstation 2 etc, but my husband needs to get those last two wired up before I can sort that out!

Have got it all tied in with voice control for lights in the lounge, kitchen and dining room, which is handy for turning everything on before we get downstairs in the morning, or vice versa in the evening. Kids enjoy the novelty if nothing else. Although the younger one gets very frustrated as he can't say 'Alexa' and can't work out why it won't work when he says 'Lexa'!

Happy to try and answer questions if I can help anyone.

On our wavelength
Message 16 of 26 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Good to know. However I was particularly interested in control over wi-fi with the new V6 box, as our room layout makes IR difficult and setting up the repeater seemed like a faff when other devices just work over wi-fi. From what fergiet said it should work so sounds like it could be worth upgrading to V6.

Do you have problems with toggling on/off though? The TiVo goes to standby after an hour or so, so at any given time it might be "on" or "off". If it happens to be on already then the "Watch TV" sequence will turn it off. Is that what happens?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 17 of 26 (487 Views)

William-R wrote:
Do you have problems with toggling on/off though? The TiVo goes to standby after an hour or so, so at any given time it might be "on" or "off". If it happens to be on already then the "Watch TV" sequence will turn it off. Is that what happens?

Glad you mentioned that, William, as it made me re-think the sequences on my Harmony to make them more resilient.

For its On sequence, it now sends:

• PowerToggle
  • TV (to prevent turning the V6 off if it's already on)
  • A 5s delay (in case it's sleepy)
  • Guide, Blue, Up x2, Down, Ok (to select favourite channels only in the guide ... though I think the V6 resets back to all channels after an hour or two anyway)

(I don't normally see the last few options, as they normally happen whilst my TV's startup sequence is running!)

For its Off sequence, it now sends:

• TV (in case it's in a menu)
  • PowerToggle x2

I'm still trying work out the most resilient way of swapping from a "Virgin TV" activity to a "Netflix" (from the TV's built-in app) one - as the Harmony doesn't seem to like changing between activities (without turning the old one off first) ... unless I'm missing something?

HTH,
Steve

Superfast
Message 18 of 26 (457 Views)

I understand that Logitech have just added the V6 to their database, includes the search command.

From Logitech

"Dear Tom,

Thank you for your patience. 

We have now added VirginMedia V6 into our Database and we have added it on your account as well. 

Please sync your remote and test it in device mode to make sure all the commands are working as they should special "search" command. 

Looking forward to hear feedback from you. 

Best regards,

Logitech Customer Care"
Joining in
Message 19 of 26 (238 Views)

hello,

hope you can help me out with my virgin V6 and harmony?..i cannot get sound or picture if i select my harmony activity to watch virgin tv..but if i select any other activity, then select virgin tv it works!

i've just spent 3 1/2 hrs on the telephone with logitech trying to sort it out and it's baffled everyone there!

regs gavin

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 26 (226 Views)

My guess would be the TV is somehow being set to the wrong input - that's usually why my TV goes blank anyway (e.g. accidentally press P+ on the TV remote and it switches to HDMI2 which has nothing plugged into it). Could something like that be happening here?
0 Kudos