Menu
Up to speed
Message 51 of 74 (263 Views)

Re: 6Re: V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

31 August 2017

Still no reply from anyone from VM  

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 52 of 74 (221 Views)

Re: 6Re: V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

Hi all,

I'm really sorry, I know how frustrating this is. We still don't have an update in this other than the team are still actively investigating.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 53 of 74 (215 Views)

Thanks @Josh_RW

I guess if the issue is being actively worked on, then it's definitely been confirmed as a known issue, so customers will just have to wait until it's resolved...

... so I can expect the increase of £3.99 to my monthly package cost effective from November will be waived - as it should be for most V6 customers with the same issue...   That would be fair, right?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 54 of 74 (198 Views)

Re: V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

I recently purchased a TV bundle and went for the "full house" just for the HD channels (I do not watch sports). Most of the HD channels are unwatchable due to this issue and I frequently revert to SD. SD seems to be ok, only affecting HD for me, have not tried recordings.

Did anyone get anywhere getting any price reductions for this? I only got TV for HD which is not fit for purpose, therefore I don't think I should pay until the problem is resolved!

@Virgin any updates on this? Do you have an issue management system where we can see the progress on this issue?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 55 of 74 (172 Views)

Hi all, I'm new to VM and this forum as I too was looking for a cure for the sync issue. I have the new Tivo and Full house + sports package so I'm shelling out a few quid each month to VM. I have a Panasonic 4K TV (although I now know VM have no 4K content 😞 ). I use ARC to connect the audio to my Denon surround amp. Most of the time when I turn on the TV and the V6 audio is out of sync on all HD channels but OK on SD channels. I also get this on recordings.

However, I stumbled across a work around so thought I'd post it as it might help out some others here. When I'm on a channel where the audio is out of sync I've found that if I flick the chanel up or down and back to the channel I was watching, it seems to force the audio back in sync. I may have to do it a few times before it works and I think it's more successful when the channels you flick up and down to are also HD.

Not a fix and we need VM to sort this out but may help a few people out in the short term.

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 56 of 74 (169 Views)

Cheers, Endzone - and welcome!

Do you get the same issue if you connect directly to your TV (bypassing the additional audio kit)? - that's usually VM's starting point, that the problem is due to your additional hardware routing...

Interesting that you manage to get the lip sync sorted by flicking channels for a while.  Do you get the issue with recorded shows too?

Cheers buddy

D

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 57 of 74 (165 Views)

Hi DairyLeaC

Thanks for joining this discussion.  Out of interest, what did VM customer services advise when you contacted them initially about the issue?  

I am not expecting any reductions in monthly bundle costs due to this issue, although I certainly don't think an increase is justified!  A breakthrough in getting the issue resolved would be amazing...

If you can let us know what CS advised on this thread that would be a great help to all of us (customers and Community staff) so we don't have to keep going over old points...

Cheers again - and welcome!

D

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 58 of 74 (152 Views)

I had a quick try this morning and strangely it works fine. I'll need more time to test this though. It does seem to be due to Dolby transmissions though. I've always had this set-up but it used to be on Sky until I moved. 

Yes, I get the problem on recorded shows too but skipping forward and back a few times sorts it out too.

So whilst frustrating my workarounds allow me to get surround sound working. When it's working there is a slight lip sync issue, more noticeable on some channels (C4 Sky 1 for example) but on the whole I get round it.

I also use an optical out of my TV to the amp to bypass the HDMI audio and have tried the optical out of the V6 box, same issue. 

Will do more testing when I have time.

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 59 of 74 (138 Views)

Thanks again, Endzone.  Keep us posted when  you've had a chance to do more testing.  

Out of interest, when you say you use optical out of the TV to the amp to by pass HDMI audio, doesn't the TV receive the original signal via HDMI (video and audio)?  If so, isn't the optical just a forward feed of the HDMI signal?   

When you use optical feed directly out of the V6, are you connecting it directly to the amp?  Have you made any changes to your Dolby settings under Audio Output?

Cheers

D

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 60 of 74 (106 Views)

Hi studio_54,

I still have not contacted Virgin, have been very busy with a new baby over the last few weeks! I am reluctant to speak to them as I am sure they will just want to send out a guy to change the box. I was hoping we might get a better reply on here with more people reporting the error. Flipping the channel back and forth seems to work on some channels, but not all.

Thanks
0 Kudos