Menu
darksideby182
Tuning in
Message 41 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

Get the same issue with a Samsung ue46eh6030 TV mainly HD channels but SD aswell and like everyone else has said didn't get this issue with the old TiVo box.
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 42 of 83
Flag for a moderator

@ any VM people...

Five months ago I posted about this issue.  That was after two months trying to resolve it via customer services.   I've just seen another new post to the Community about the same issue. 

I know I've had all sorts of excuses, advice, ideas to try, and status updates from "fixed" to "we're currently working to fix the issue". 

I've had the V6 for seven months.  How long does it take a major media organisation to resolve a fundamental issue that impacts customers it has chosen to 'upgrade'??

0 Kudos
Mjm19620
Tuning in
Message 43 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Hi it's very frustrating dealing with VM after eight months of engineers visits three different v6 boxes I have been told there is nothing they can do about this issue,after watching watchdog the other night it looked like it's not the only issue they are getting wrong telling customers they can get speeds of up to 200 on their broadband when most people are struggling to get 10 during busy periods.

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 44 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette_T, Nat_J

Are there *any* updates on this at all?  Another month has passed...

D

0 Kudos
Truth4all
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 83
Flag for a moderator

6Re: V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

Same old rubbish from virgin media. This has been going on since the old Tivo came out and of course the V6 has all the same faults that Virgin continue to ignore time and time again.

All we ever get from virgin is:

Have you switched it off and on again.

Have you removed your third party products such as sound system and TV's.

Have you wasted days and days waiting for engineers to turn up at your house and say there is nothing they can do, they all do it but if you want to lose your recordings, we can swap the box even though it won't make any difference.

Have you tried pressing this silly key combination whilst patting your head and rubbing your stomach whilst drinking snake oil.

After all the above, all goes quiet until the next mug comes along and it starts all over again.

Absolutely everything except admit there is a fault that needs fixing.

Do a search on the hundreds of threads on lip-sync probems with virgin media Tivo and V6, then tell me i'm wrong?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 46 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6Re: V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

Hi Truth4all,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Our team are still investigating and working to implement a fix for this issue. We don't have a timeframe for this at present but will update the Community as soon as we know more.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

studio_54
Up to speed
Message 47 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6Re: V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

@josh_RW   @anyone_fromVirginMedia_really_wanting2help

Please can a senior manger from VM Customer Services either provide an honest public update to explain what is going on with the lip sync issue, including why it is taking so long to resolve, as well as why the advice keeps changing (if you read the whole message history from my original post you'll see how I've been advised the issue was 'cleared from the known faults list' to it never having been a known issue' to being worked on, with no responses with the information provided when asked...

If we could have a clear statement from someone with the authority to advise us, which is valid (and believable) that would start to rebuild my faith in VM...  Is that too much to ask?

If this is not possible, please can you send a private message with contact details so I can speak with someone directly on the phone?

I hope to receive a timely response (which means before I have to chase after a couple of weeks...)

Thank you

D

funkimon
Joining in
Message 48 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Hello I dont have a virgin box but have suffered with sync issues on my samsung TV  for the last year

You need to go to 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1057760

follow the instructions to update via USB.

The latest firmware will fix the issue

Hope this helps somebody out all you need is a USB drive, download the firmware unpack it to the USB drive, plug it in TV and install

darksideby182
Tuning in
Message 49 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Cheers updated mine so will see what happens

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 50 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Funkimon -

Hopefully somebody will be able to benefit from upgrading their Samsung and not using their V6 box. 

Perhaps that's the solution:  we should all stop using the V6...

In the meantime, the issue I originally posted relates to using the V6 box with a Panasonic, not a Samsung.  It's also been suffered by a number of V6 box customers, so I'd like to focus on getting a resolution from VM... 

I believe I'm correct is saying your suggestion that updating firmware on a Samsung will fix ths issues is only relevant to Samsung TVs with lip sync issues in general rather than due to VM...

0 Kudos