Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 35 (743 Views)

V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

Team

Is there a general service issue with audio being out of sync on V6 boxes today (4 Feb 2017)?  It is more noticeable on HD live shows than SD (although still there) and is much worse on recorded shows.  I still have the issue having completed the following steps: 

• restarted my V6 a number of times
  • restarted my TV (which is connected directly to the V6 via HDMI for picture and audio, so I know there's no middleware lag)
  • restarted my hub
  • disconnected my second TiVo box from the network
  • tried changing channels, pausing, pressing the 'skip back' button
  • adjusting all my TV sound settings
  • searched high and low for other similar VM Community posts
  • held my breath to the count of ten!

Each time I have restarted the V6 the SNR has remained 42-43 dB.

Any ideas?

Cheers

D

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 35 (694 Views)

Re: V6 audio sync issues - SD and HD live and recordings (which are worse!)

Hi D, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with the audio sync. 

Since posting how have things been? 

What do you have your current sound settings on the V6 on? 

Checking your V6 box stats, the power levels and signal levels look good however the input levels need adjusting and the Hard drive status is in Red. We'll need to arrange for an engineer to come out to take a look at things for you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 35 (674 Views)

Hi Kath_F

An engineer came this afternoon.  He took one look at the V6 and said "audio sync is a known issue with the V6, and if I replace it you'll still have the same issue"

He checked the signal levels and said they were perfect.

Out of interest, what's the difference between the 'signal' and 'input' levels you refer to that need adjusting?  My SNR is 44dB, and I have about 45% capacity on the hard drive.

Cheers

D

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 35 (629 Views)

Hi there,

im having the same problem as you after five different engineers and three different v6 boxes still no resolution to the problem 

tried the box with a old Samsung tv and it worked fine but as soon as I connected it to the new Samsung tv the same problem accured ,just as a matter of interest what tv have you got mine is a Samsung ue46eh6030.hope you have more luck than me as I have not heard anything from virgin media for a while now.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 35 (620 Views)

Hey @Mjm19620

Sorry to hear you're also having issues, but good to hear I'm not the only one! 

I've got a Panasonic 50DX750 connected by HDMI directly from the V6.  Given the broad number of people with the same issue along with the Engineer who told me last week that this is a known issue, I'm not sure where we go from here.

Kath_F has been looking into this, and via a private message asked me to update publicly if I was still having issues.  I've updated here, and also sent her a private message with the update - that was 21 Feb and she read the message 22 Feb, so I am sure we'll receive an update via this thread by the end of this week - Kath_F is very good like that...

Cheers

D

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 6 of 35 (607 Views)

Is this any help? Perhaps changing this setting?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/audio-delay-feature-on-samsung-smart-tv.1886434/

There may be a similar option on the Panasonic. Also, try turning off any picture processing features, that may help diagnose the issue. See if there's a "game mode", this should reduce processing lag too.

I don't seen any consistant V6 lip sync issues here, beyond the obvious bad broadcasting types, I have a 60ms delay set on my AV amp but seems to be a frequent topic with the V6.
I am in an over subscribed area - Fault ref F003066490
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 7 of 35 (585 Views)

Cheers @bigaardvaark

I've reset all of my TV audio settings, and I've tried adjusting them too.  Nothing has made any difference, and given that the issue is intermittent, there are a few people on here experiencing the same problem, and the engineer also said it's a known fault, I think we need to get an update from VM themselves. 

As I said, I don't have this issue with a standard TiVo box...

@Kath_F:  have you been able to get an update on this yet?  You asked me to come back to you with a public post update, but I've not heard back from you to my posts or messages.

Thanks

D

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 35 (570 Views)

Hi .

has anyone tried using a soundbar as one of the engineers said it might solve the problem if so can you let me know before I buy one as I have tried everything else with no success 

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 9 of 35 (549 Views)

I'd be concerned about buying a sound bar to 'fix' the audio sync issue - it's just adding another bit of hardware that requires audio processing.  If you have the same issue as me, which is an audio lag (audio behind video) then adding another layer of kit without knowing what is causing the original issue is, I'd suggest, asking for trouble!

It would make a bit more sense if your audio is playing ahead of the picture, but even then I think it is better to resolve the issue at basic vanilla level and then move forward.

I think @Kath_F may be out of the office at the moment - I've not heard back from her with any updates...

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 35 (542 Views)

Hi 

thanks for advice will hold fire for now,I won't hold your breath waiting for VM to get back to you as every time I spoke to them they told me they would keep me up to date with progress but never did I had to keep contacting them.

0 Kudos