Menu
TONYHAMILTON238
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 and existing customers??

I've just rang Virgin about swapping my TIVO box for a V6 box and got a shock for the fee for a V6 which was £49.99 plus the £14.99 activation fee but yet again new customers get a better deal that existing customers as Virgin are offering packages for them online.
Why does Virgin do this I'm halfway into a 12 month contract so I could go elsewhere near the end of my package if they don't change their price structure.
Is there a direct number for detentions other than going through the 150 number??

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and existing customers??

How much do you realistically think Virginia were going to charge since your mid contract?
0 Kudos
TONYHAMILTON238
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Something realistic so it's a no brainer when my 12 months is up but the way Virgin do things with existing customers to new customers no wonder their churn rate is high!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You say 'you could go elsewhere', presumeably to get a new customer deal, exactly what you are complaining about here.

0 Kudos
TONYHAMILTON238
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That new customers are looked after better with Virgin than existing customers to me its a weird way of doing business
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

...so your solution is to threaten to do exactly that - leave Virgin Media and get a new customer deal elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Most customers got a special deal when they joined.. so most likely you did too.. how often would you expect to get deals? You can call Retentions to see if they will give you another deal, but as you are paying the basic price for the V6, I doubt if they will.

0 Kudos
TONYHAMILTON238
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm just going to sit my contract out and see if the price is right then take it from there
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Once your out of contract you will be in a better position to haggle
0 Kudos