Menu
julala2000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 and VHD Upgrade Issue.

I currently have a Tivo and a VHD box.

I called up today to get a V6 box as I, like many others are sick and tired of the Tivo performance issues that never get resolved.

Whilst chatting to retentions I was told that there was no way I could get my Tivo directly replaced with a V6. Instead they would remove my VHD box and put my current Tivo in its place. Using a V6 as the replacement for the original Tivo. I was not given an option to keep my VHD.

This apparently is then seen as an upgrade which adds an additional £5 a month charge. 

However I do not want to replace my VHD box as its working and fit for purpose.

The following documentation does not state this anywhere. 

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/campaigns/virgin-tv-v6-about.html

The press release from virgin at the launch of the V6 on 30th November clearly indicates that no additional monthly charge is applied for having one. Yet If I want one im being forced to pay one.

I have reported this to trading standards and Ofcom for false advertising / mis-selling.

If anyone else has run into this issue please share.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

bosstrade
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and VHD Upgrade Issue.

Thanks julala2000 for posting this.
The option you are being given is what i was going to want to do, however now knowing that i'll be charged an additional £5 pm (if correct) has put me off.

To be honest for £65 'one off' and then another £5 pm for what it offers is not very tempting.

Confusion reigns at VM CS!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The £5 pm is justified because you are getting a second recording box, whereas before you only had one. Also you would be able to watch recordings from each box on the TV connected to the other - a significant extra function.

0 Kudos
julala2000
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Justified if thats what I was after.

However as stated, I do not want to keep my Tivo. 

The VHD box provides me with a far better user experience and as I have no real need for recording functionality in multiple rooms its more than adequate.

Its money for old rope based on a historical choice made by the customer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I agree with you that you should be able to do a simple replacement of TiVo with V6 while retaining your V HD with no change in monthly charge.

I can only suggest you persevere through Retentions.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi julala2000, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you weren't asked which box you would like to upgrade. 

As mentioned by Ernie_C, having the V6 and the TiVo® box gives you some extra features that having a V HD box and V6 box doesn't. If you would prefer to upgrade the TiVo® then let the team know on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

They can make sure we are upgrading the correct box then Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
julala2000
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Maybe my original thread was not clear.

When I spoke with retention's they would not allow me to upgrade my Tivo to a V6. They were stipulating to me that the VHD box had to be upgraded/replaced. I raised my objection with them at the time but I was told that the VHD boxes are being fazed out and that If I wanted a V6 box I would have to have it as a replacement for the VHD box at the the additional monthly cost of £5.

lockwood4
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As far as I can see there are additional charges after upgrading to V6 although if you read the VM website it states no additional charges with all the chatter in the community it seems as though it all depends on who answered the phone at VM and who can barter or shout them down THIS BOX BETTER BE GOOD !!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi julala2000, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to say but this is simply not true. The only boxes we've fazed out are the V+ boxes as these are discontinued. 

The V HD Boxes are there for customers who want or need just a basic, non recordable box. 

Give the team another try and state you want to upgrade the TiVo® as you no longer want this box. The team can amend your order for you. 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos