Menu
Jolly_jester
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 and NETGEAR ProSafe GS724T

Hi,

Just thought i would Feedback on a problem i found.  I have a wired house which uses a Netgear GS724T switch .  The V3 Router is set in modem only mode and I use a Asus RT-AC87U  Router.  All my devices including the Tivo run through the switch. The old Tivo had no problem with this setup but the V6 did not like it and could not see the internet or DHCP.  I solved it by bypassing the switch and plugging it directly into rt-ac87U.  So....The new V6 does not like switches (Netgear ProSafe GS724T in my case) .  Just in case anybody else hits a similar problem!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and NETGEAR ProSafe GS724T

Are you using non-default DNS servers?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Jolly_jester
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The RT-AC87U is the DHCP server and issues the DNS as Opendns server (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220).  This works but only when the V6 is directly plugged into the RT-AC87U.  If it goes through the Switch then it doesn't.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

From what I can recall, certainly for authenticating with Netflix at least, the V6 needs to be using VM's DNS servers.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Jolly_jester
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I cant test that as don't use netflix.  It does go to the login screen...

0 Kudos