Menu
archerboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 and HDCP compliance issue

My V6 box is consistently dis-enabling (new word, I know) the HDCP compliance on my HDMI connection. This requires a reboot every time it happens. System info states 'HDCP not enabled'  and then after reboot 'HDCP 2.2 enabled'. This works OK for a while and then reverts to 'not enabled'. Without the HDCP enabled I cannot use any apps on the TV. With it enabled everything is fine.

Are there any techs out there that can explain this? Not a lead issue, I have tried 5!

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and HDCP compliance issue

How do you switch on? In what order.. TV then V6 or vice versa. Whichever you normally do, try the other first. Sounds like it might be a 'handshake' issue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What is the make and model of your tv? 

Also is the V6 connected directly to it. Most of the HDCP2.2 issues tend to be when something else is in the chain like a soundbar, AV receiver and so on.

EDIT: HDCP (any version) is just a pain. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
archerboy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I switch the box on and then the TV, always. However, the issue can happen at any time. I can get into Netflix via the app (when HDCP enabled) and come out, try to go in later, without box or TV being switched off and the HDMI has become 'dis-enabled'. If I'd switched off in between I could understand your point but it doesn't seem to be that in this case.
Many thanks for input
0 Kudos
archerboy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tidus, The TV is a Samsung ue65hu7500t. I has one HDMI port that is compliant with HDCP 2.2 and this is where the box goes. I do have a soundbar but it's a Sonos that's connected via optical cable straight into TV. It's just odd that one minute it's OK the next not. In reality there is a work round in that I can get into Netflix via the smarthub on the TV but needs the TV remote rather than just the paired V6 remote. Just a pain really.
The more I read about HDCP the more annoying it becomes!, Cheers
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did a search for the TV model and it seems that the HDCP 2.2 on it is an issue also with non VM equipment. 
I have a V6 (soon will have 2) but none of my TVs are UHD so its using HDCP1.4 i believe. 

I have Sonos but not the sound bar. 5 Play 1s and 1 ZP120 and a ZP80. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
archerboy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, I'm going to do a bit more research I think Smiley Happy
0 Kudos