On our wavelength
Message 82 of 184 (605 Views)

Re: V6 Upgrade

Forgot to say.  I never had a response to my original signing up either

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 83 of 184 (594 Views)

Are you having a laugh.  It's just a fee, charge, donation, Christmas bonus to the good people at Virgin.  If I was feeling a little kinder I might say that its a fair contribution for a significant upgrade.

I don't mind paying a fee and I am glad it has been reduced by 50% in the light of the rotten service that Virgin has given us of late

Graham

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 84 of 184 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]

gclaridgehunt wrote:

I rang uo today on the off chance that someting was happening.

Agent told me that boxes were released to day and he gave me the first available booking on the 21st January 2017.

I was very, very polite and asked for an earlier date but was told this was the earliest possible.

So where are all the Engineers, presumably on standby waiting to take my £49,99.

I was not a happy bunny when I booked up in the first hour on day 1 to be put off until the 21st January next year

I've obviously been very lucky. I ordered my V6 at 6 o'clock this evening and it's being installed on Thursday morning. I live in Morecambe.

I would ring back and seek an earlier install date; seeing other comments on the forum, people have got more acceptable results speaking to a different operative.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 85 of 184 (531 Views)

I live in Darlington, phoned VM at 7pm tonight and getting V6 installed on the 16th of December! Yey!
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 86 of 184 (508 Views)

Charging for an activation for something you have already paid once is a downright cheek. The reason we want a V6 is to replace the inadequate TiVo and try to keep up with with the Sky technology which is definitely better at the moment.I can't see why it costs so much to just transfer leads etc over like what Sky do I wonder if this option is available to existing customers ?
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 87 of 184 (466 Views)

I live in Bedfordshire.  I guess it's the luck of the draw!!.  I "appealed" earlier today and was brought forward from the 18h January to the 12th January.

Should I ring up and complain again, or just leave it???????????

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 88 of 184 (443 Views)

gclaridgehunt wrote:

I live in Bedfordshire.  I guess it's the luck of the draw!!.  I "appealed" earlier today and was brought forward from the 18h January to the 12th January.

Should I ring up and complain again, or just leave it???????????

I would have another go, you never know, there's probably earlier install dates available.

Virgin Media state that the V6's will be available to existing customers in December, new customers in January, so, as an existing customer, it's reasonable to expect a December installation and given that the V6's have only become available to order today and you placed your order first thing today, it's difficult to believe that all December install dates in Bedfordshire had been booked by then.

Fibre optic
Message 89 of 184 (415 Views)

Think when they say available in December to existing customers they mean available to order rather than available for guaranteed installation.

The reason for the lack of slots for installation is probably a combination of factors.

Limiting the amount installed initially to stagger the rollout nationwide... so in the event there are any problems it can be halted easier.

the box is technician only installation, no self install.

the box is allocated a longer amount of installation time than current equipment to allow for connecting the box to the broadband modem, moving the broadband modem closer to the set top box if required, technical issues that arise during installation, or even just the technician being unfamiliar with the new technology beyond the basic training provided.

As a result they cannot install as many per day, week or month as they still need to do their other installations also.

On our wavelength
Message 90 of 184 (386 Views)

Thanks for the considered response.  My view exactly.  I think I'll just get on with my life and worry about the important stuff.

I've tried watching the daily broadcasts from the Supreme Court about Brexit. 

Now that really puts worrying about the Tivo Box into a whole new context!!

0 Kudos