Menu
Superuser
Message 51 of 177 (717 Views)

Re: V6 Upgrade

nixzee wrote:

It's the same with sky, they both try to get new customers on board by offering a good package to join. I would recommend signing up for a 12 month contract and taking advantage of the "New Customer" offers every year and swap from sky to virgin and virgin to sky every year as a new customer.

Thats absolutely the cheapest (legal) way to go. The issue is lots of us have little option. Up until 6 months ago, my local cabinet was not Infinity enabled so VM was the only choice....if I wanted decent broadband speeds.

A few years before that  BT didn't even do TV so a  bundle was always working out cheaper.

If you dont mind the (fairly little) hassle of switching, the current marketplace can offer you substantial savings.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 52 of 177 (716 Views)

dannylau wrote:

deans6571 wrote:

TheHandyTandy wrote:

Who wants to to challenge me in a speed test?

Smiley Very Happy

....nice one!!!! 

Not sure how to post up a vid but I would say that that, is fast!!!! Certainly 100 times faster than TiVo ! I would also say that the speed in which you jumped from Netflix to iPlayer is on par with my Xbox One and Apple TV if I were to jump from one app to the other! 

On our wavelength
Message 53 of 177 (699 Views)

Was with sky for several years but just signed up with virgin. unlimited vivid 200 broadband, phone line, v6 box, tivo box additional room, sky movies hd,     sky sports hd, bt sports and espn hd (full tv package) £185 worth of various wines for joining, free voicemail etc etc on a 12 month contract for £87.50 per month.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 54 of 177 (623 Views)

As a longtime customer, I have the same except only 70Mbps BB and 2 old TiVo boxes for £130 per month.
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 55 of 177 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]

Seems like its a complete lottery as to what tariffs and prices existing customers are on - the prices just seem as though they are plucked from thin air?!?!?

Smiley Surprised

As a comparison, this is my package:

• TV package is called Big Bang Bundle which gives 230+ channels with no extras (i.e. no Sky movies, Sky Sports or any extra movies or sports channels)
  • Broadband is the VIVID 100 Optical Fibre
  • Phone is the Talk Weekends.

I pay around £80 a month for that lot, which I don't think, is too bad!!

Up to speed
Message 56 of 177 (569 Views)

They should have a separate thread regarding Fabricated Package Prices.
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 57 of 177 (504 Views)

deans6571 wrote:

Seems like its a complete lottery as to what tariffs and prices existing customers are on - the prices just seem as though they are plucked from thin air?!?!?

Smiley Surprised

• TV package is called Big Bang Bundle which gives 230+ channels with no extras (i.e. no Sky movies, Sky Sports or any extra movies or sports channels)

Isn't the Big Bang an old bundle, have you re-negotiated recently?

Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake".
0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 58 of 177 (483 Views)

Think you're being robbed dean.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 59 of 177 (471 Views)

I was paying £142 per month for: XLTV, 150mbps BB, talk anytime, 1 x TiVo and 1 x V+box, sky cinema & sky sports incl HD until I realised new customers could get the above but with 200mbps BB and 2 x TiVo's for £85 per month.

I phoned up and complained and after a couple of calls threatening to go to Sky along the way I got a new TiVo sent to me to replace the V+ box and upgrade to 200mbps BB for £88 per month. Still disappointing they could offer the same as a new customer but it's not far off.

if you're not under contract it pays to phone retentions and see what they can offer.

Knows their stuff
Message 60 of 177 (434 Views)

frank_gm wrote:

deans6571 wrote:

Smiley Surprised

Isn't the Big Bang an old bundle, have you re-negotiated recently?

Actually, no - I haven't!  

Maybe I should call them to re-negotiate!!!

Smiley Very Happy