Menu
Superfast
Message 31 of 184 (1,201 Views)

Re: V6 Upgrade

[ Edited ]

Someone at the customer complaints offices in Swansea whose name is Karen wrote to me and the letter said that after a long winded series of issues with my services, I have been passed on to a lady who is "looking after my complaint" but she has spoken to me only the once. I cannot recall this other lady's name, but I need her to contact me again.

@ Ernie_C, if you have any contact details of this Karen Ingham, can you supply me them so I can get in touch with her, so that I can find out who the lady is - i.e. my Complaint Carer so that I can get in touch to find out what is happening to my problems and the solutions that should be forthcoming.

Paul.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 32 of 184 (1,126 Views)

Well said Ernie c virgin are not interested in the present paying mugs all they want to do is get new customers who might be getting the new box spec while we struggle on with the inadequate TiVo the only fix possible for the TiVo is a sledgehammer !!! Roll on contract date end my mistake was moving from another provider !!!!!
Superfast
Message 33 of 184 (1,058 Views)

I assume this extra £3.49 on my monthly bill is to cover the new V6 rollout?

Dialled in
Message 34 of 184 (1,041 Views)

Very much doubt price increase will give us the V6 upgrade that'll be to entice new customers ? If anyone in the community gets an upgrade let us all know please as we all deserve it after the TiVo let down .
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 35 of 184 (941 Views)

A frustrating evening of organising my TiVo recordings led me to this thread and I felt compelled to sign up and post my view. 

A customer of Virgin Media for 6 years at my current address, 5 years at my previous address. Currently paying £75+ per month. 200mb broadband, Full House and calls. 

The view of the 'super users' on this board is appalling - for paying customers each service should work as intended. The TiVo is so slow it essentiall makes the on demand features useless, due to the lag when using the box it took me over an this evening to delete and manage recordings, considering I can buy an android box on amazon for £20 which is lightning quick in comparison, a chrome cast, a fire stick, a now tv, all of these services are vastly quicker than TiVo. It is absolutely unacceptable to take the attitude of "well, go elsewhere". I do not want a dish on the house, simple as that. As a paying customer, it is my choice who I go to and considering Virgin Media is the primary competitor to Sky I would expect the service to be comparable. It certainly is not considerably cheaper to account for the terrible service the TiVo provides. I am so fed up of it now I primarily use the Xbox One and streaming services. 

Dialled in
Message 36 of 184 (901 Views)

I COULD NOT HAVE PUT THAT BETTER. IVE GOT AN ANDROID BOX WHICH COST £30 GOT NEARLY EVERY POSSIBLE CHANNEL COSTING NOTHING IT RESPONDS AS QUICK AS AN IPHONE THE ONLY THING MISSING IS AN EASY RECORDING FACILITY !!!! GET REAL VIRGIN
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 37 of 184 (825 Views)

Careful with your criticisms of the Superusers.

Apparently they have the right and the ability to delete posts that they don't like, particularly if it involves criticism of them. But they are just customers like the rest of us, or so they tell us.

I wonder if this post will survive the censorship.

Yesterday I used Black Friday to buy another Now TV box from Tesco. I don't need another box but it came with another six months entertainment pass. Just £15 with Tesco vouchers, £2.50 a month. That is me set until next summer and I will no doubt have picked up another pass cheaply by then.

Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake".
Superuser
Message 38 of 184 (694 Views)

lockwood4 wrote:
I COULD NOT HAVE PUT THAT BETTER. IVE GOT AN ANDROID BOX WHICH COST £30 GOT NEARLY EVERY POSSIBLE CHANNEL COSTING NOTHING IT RESPONDS AS QUICK AS AN IPHONE THE ONLY THING MISSING IS AN EASY RECORDING FACILITY !!!! GET REAL VIRGIN

There is the small fact that that's illegal, but no matter. Virgin  actually pay for content which rewards the content providers, actors, writers etc that the pond scum that sell "fully loaded" Android boxes dont. Hence the price difference. Also your android box will die after six months to a year and youve no comeback. Your TiVo is covered for everything for as long as you have it. Again, that costs money.

Joining in
Message 39 of 184 (626 Views)

Absolutely, the Android boxes previously referred to are a poor comparison given they're, you know, illegal. However - the point around performance still remains.

I'm disappointed to hear super users have the ability to delete posts deemed as negative. I would like to understand the criteria a post needs to fit in order to be deleted.
Up to speed
Message 40 of 184 (563 Views)

Personally I'd never get a fully loaded Android box, however right now I can see why people are.

Our prices are increasing and I don't believe we getting the value.

I'm actually happy with my package and pricing, what does annoy me is the performance of the current TiVo box, it really isn't fit for purpose right now.

In a world where everything is faster it isn't acceptable for it to take 30 seconds to change channel or almost a minute to load an app.