Menu
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 196 (1,243 Views)

Re: V6 Upgrade

Ernie_C wrote:

Late in the day (last Monday) and after the box had started shipping to new customers, a small number of Superusers were fortunate to get access to the box. I hope you see evidence that we have been able to give some insight into the product and give a customer perspective.

Any questions, please ask and the SUs will help if we can.

so new customers are getting the box? or is it by area? do we know which?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 22 of 196 (1,235 Views)

Sorry, I have no information on the numbers and locations of new customers who are being supplied with V6.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 196 (1,222 Views)

so how do you know new customers are getting them?
Superuser
Message 24 of 196 (1,211 Views)

.... because customers, new to Virgin Media, are reporting on this and other fora that they are being supplied with V6.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 25 of 196 (1,209 Views)

Ernie_C wrote:

I'll put my hat in the ring and say that I don't believe there is any way that Virgin Media will give every TV XL (Full House) customer a free V6 to replace their TiVo.

And there was me sure that the reason for the second price rise this year was to provide us with a better service or words to that effect.

So what are we paying the increase for if we then have also to pay for the V6 just to get an adequate service since that currently provided by the Tivo is no such thing?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team)
Superuser
Message 26 of 196 (1,194 Views)

I, personally, have no idea or insight as to the reason behind the price increase.

I could make a few guesses but that would serve no purpose.

For me and, IMHO, everyone else, it was an opportunity to review whether the services being provided by Virgin Media were still cost beneficial and leave for better pastures, free of penalty, if not.

Given that the performance issue was active at the time of the price increase notifications and the well understood inability of Virgin Media to resolve such issue, it surprises many chose not to leave but continue to moan on here at a situation that could have been avoided.

I chose to stay because my usage of TiVo is not substantially affected by slow menu performance and I don't use the apps or On Demand functions at all.

Community elder
Message 27 of 196 (1,185 Views)

Ernie_C wrote:

I, personally, have no idea or insight as to the reason behind the price increase.

I could make a few guesses but that would serve no purpose.

For me and, IMHO, everyone else, it was an opportunity to review whether the services being provided by Virgin Media were still cost beneficial and leave for better pastures, free of penalty, if not.

Given that the performance issue was active at the time of the price increase notifications and the well understood inability of Virgin Media to resolve such issue, it surprises many chose not to leave but continue to moan on here at a situation that could have been avoided.

I chose to stay because my usage of TiVo is not substantially affected by slow menu performance and I don't use the apps or On Demand functions at all.

"moan", perhaps VM and its Superusers would prefer that we did not post anything negative about Virgin on the "Customer" forums.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team)
Superuser
Message 28 of 196 (1,180 Views)

Sorry, Frank, that was not directed at you but there would be no need to post at all if you were no longer a customer. You'd possibly be posting similar elsewhere.

I dare say your company would ditch a supplier if their product wasn't up to scratch?

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 29 of 196 (1,171 Views)

Ernie_C wrote:

Sorry, Frank, that was not directed at you but there would be no need to post at all if you were no longer a customer. You'd possibly be posting similar elsewhere.

I dare say your company would ditch a supplier if their product wasn't up to scratch?

I am struggling to understand what that means but let me make myself clear.

Virgin, like Sky and BT for example, are a company who make their profits from supplying services to customers. Customers choose a supplier and, in the case of most posters to these forums, Virgin is the choice rather than Sky or BT. Having done so they, not surprisingly, expect to receive these services, in the main, without issues.

Should the latter happen and VM do not address these issues in a timely manner, or not at all, then they are fully entitled to vent their disappointment, anger, etc. on these forums without being told by an elite group of customers, who never seem to have these problems (is that curious?) that they are moaning.

There is too much of the latter on these forums. Good for you and the others that all is fine for you but do not put down others for complaining.

Fibre optic
Message 30 of 196 (1,164 Views)

Frank is spot on, if you are a customer paying to use their services, one should be entitled to give their view,whether positive or negative