Menu
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 11 of 198
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Upgrade

cjp1 wrote:

I was informed today by a Virgin customer agent that all customers on the highest package will be entitled to free upgrade to the V6 box which will be available from the second week in December.

Does that mean VIP?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 12 of 198
Flag for a moderator

I wonder what Virgin consider the highest package?

0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 198
Flag for a moderator

Full house surely?
0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 14 of 198
Flag for a moderator

I'd hope so.

I still can't see VM giving customers the new box mid contract though.

I also read the VM were sending updates to our existing TiVo boxes to improve the speed, has this happened yet?

Mine is still running ridiculously slow.

cjp1
Dialled in
Message 15 of 198
Flag for a moderator

HavencroftKev wrote:

I'd hope so.

I also read the VM were sending updates to our existing TiVo boxes to improve the speed, has this happened yet?

HavencroftKev wrote:

I'd hope so.

I'm on the Full House (XL)  TV package which I was told would entitle me to an upgrade to the V6 box early next month. My current TiVo is so slow and laggy that I'm going to go for this at the earliest opportunity.

Reading another post on this board from someone already using the V6 box it seems it is lightning quick with Netflix opening within a second and then playing seamlessly without buffering.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 198
Flag for a moderator

I'll put my hat in the ring and say that I don't believe there is any way that Virgin Media will give every TV XL (Full House) customer a free V6 to replace their TiVo.

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 17 of 198
Flag for a moderator

How did you get your hands on the V6 box Ernie_C?

After my conversation with VM on Friday I'll be disappointed if they don't upgrade me for free as advised.

time will tell I suppose.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 198
Flag for a moderator

Late in the day (last Monday) and after the box had started shipping to new customers, a small number of Superusers were fortunate to get access to the box. I hope you see evidence that we have been able to give some insight into the product and give a customer perspective.

Any questions, please ask and the SUs will help if we can.

0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 19 of 198
Flag for a moderator

Even VM have admitted they are cheap boxes. Look at the price of other devices like Now TV often practically given away free when you buy a pass. (The hard drive doesn't add much). The firmware is practically the same so no development costs there. Maybe they can charge people who want to the keep the old Tivo something like £5 a month. What else can they charge for, except Netflix 4K subscription etc.

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 20 of 198
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Late in the day (last Monday) and after the box had started shipping to new customers, a small number of Superusers were fortunate to get access to the box. I hope you see evidence that we have been able to give some insight into the product and give a customer perspective.

Any questions, please ask and the SUs will help if we can.

You certainly have given us a good insight into the features and performance of the box through your lists, the agent I spoke to said it will be available the second week in December so I am just looking forward until then.

0 Kudos