Menu
Dialled in
Message 91 of 187 (988 Views)

Re: V6 Upgrade

If that's true about top package getting a free upgrade then we should be informed and if they say they are too busy to inform us why have they rung me twice this week to try and get me to take a VM mobile etc etc ??????
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 92 of 187 (904 Views)

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and it's great to hear about so many of you wanting the new V6 box Smiley Happy 

Just to clear up a few points. For those who registered on the Be First website, we started working through the data and calling our customers to offer the V6 box. Due to there being so much interest, we weren't even a 1/4 of the way through the list when orders went live. 

You were able to order via the phone yesterday and from online today. 

Pricing for the box is the same regardless of which way you get it. 

The standard price of the Virgin TV V6 box is a simple £99.95 one-off upfront cost (+ £14.99 Activation Fee)

Customers with a Full House 200 or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95 (+ £14.99 Activation Fee)

As far as appointments go, engineer availability is different in all areas depending on how many appointments we have available and how many engineers are working etc. 

A lot of them will have some annual leave scheduled for the Christmas and the New Year period as well as us all working some reduced hours. 

We will aim to get you installed as soon as possible though and don't forget there may well be a cancellation so it's worth checking to see if we can book you in earlier. 

If you have any further queries or questions, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Dialled in
Message 93 of 187 (893 Views)

Where can I find the option online to order a V6, if I click upgrades and offers a message appears saying I have to phone and cannot upgrade my package online?
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 94 of 187 (887 Views)

Just look at VM website and tab the live chat icon on the left of the site. It works cos I've just ordered my V6. Watch the pricing when I rang to order someone tried it on a bit so I just hung up calmed down the live chatted my order
Good lick
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 95 of 187 (887 Views)

Looks like my earlier post regarding a free upgrade to V6 was wrong too, I was given this information by retentions and a key point to convince we to enter into another 12 month contract so pretty disappointed with that.
Tuning in
Message 96 of 187 (745 Views)

Very disappointed with the pricing for the V6 box.

I would have thought that signing a new 18 month contract for the top package would more than compensate for the loss of a £65 fee.

I would definitely sign up for the new contract if the box was offered but I'm blowed if I'd pay £65 for the privilege.

Superfast
Message 97 of 187 (661 Views)

So I have January 7th (as an existing customer) and after being told it would be £154 by Monica (she wasn't local to me...) plus an activation fee and kinda argued the point as I'm on Full House and everything else for BB and phone... She said she would speak to a supervisor and that got the installation fee knocked off...

So I said no way, check again. So she went to the supervisor again (15 minutes this hole thing took) and when she returned she said it would £49.95 all in.

Job done.

Then the Verisign document arrived which said it was £99.95.

More long conversations ensued - a good ten minutes with a very nice Scottish lassie (much more local than Monica) and she has now confirmed the new document will say £49.95 complete. Installation and activation all included. Shame about adding an 18 month contract onto my existing 17 years with Virgin...

I hope to be able to keep the Tivo box from downstairs and out it into the bedroom upstairs in place of the out-dated and out-moded V+ box that is in there...

Paul.

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 98 of 187 (622 Views)

You want loyal, long standing customers to pay for an upgrade to an outdated, unworkable box that may fix your TV issues?

And then increase the bill for the privilege?

Foxtrot

Oscar
Superfast
Message 99 of 187 (605 Views)

They will not give it away for free.

Not Virgin, not Sky Q.

They will always charge cos it needs to be paid for somehow.
0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 100 of 187 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
Paul...

1. I 'upgraded' to tivo moons ago and wasn't charged a bean...

2. Got quoted for Q box with NO installation or box fee!

Its called price factoring dude!

All being paid for (through the nose) for too many months/years.
0 Kudos