Menu
joshakjohn
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Upgrade cost

I would love it if someone is able to give me a definitive answer on this.

I rang up yesterday to upgrade our TiVo box to the V6, he advised me first that there would be an extra charge of £5 p/m which to me is reasonable enough however he then went on to give a load of other charges on top.

So he's said that it's £49.99 for the box, £14/15 odd activation and then another £50 for an engineer to install it coming to over £100 for one bloody box!

We are on the full house and vivid 200 and going through this forum I can see people are being told different prices to what I was quoted? I've read some that have stated there is no extra cost to replace my TiVo and only the activation and box itself we have to pay for, is this correct?

Need to get rid of this god awful TiVo box! 😩
--
TV: XL - TiVo 500GB, V+, V HD
BB: 100Mb - SuperHub 2
Phone: XL
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Upgrade cost

It should be the £49.99 plus £15 activation fee. The £50 for an engineer to install should be waived as there is not currently an option to self-install. I would call back to verify they are going to waive the £50. As far as the extra £"5 per month.. I thought if you swap from a Tivo there should not be an extra monthly fee but someone else may confirm this. If you are *adding* the V6 and using the old Tivo somewhere else it may result in a monthly increase.

Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They can stick their V6 box where the sun don't shine............at those "upgrade" costs.......and no doubt new customers will get them for SFA...

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell me any company like Virgin that gives their equipment out for free?

0 Kudos
Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would hardly call it free if people are paying 90 or 100 odd quid a month, "free" I don't think so!

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No - I meant name a company that does give everything for free..

0 Kudos