Menu
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Upgrade Chaos.

After asking if anyone had a working A6 I have just contacted VM about upgrading.

What a farce, my logon page tells me I can get a V6 for the £65, no mention of any increase in package cost.

In my package I have a V+, a 1TB Tivo, 200 meg BB XL TV and a landline which I pay 12 months in advance.

I was quoted £69 plus, 10 pounds more than I'm paying now, when I queried this he disappeared and then quoted £65ish, as usual it would seem one side of VM hasn't a clue what the other is doing.

All I want is my V+ removing from the dinning room and taking away, the Tivo replacing it and a new V6 installing in the lounge, as I'm paying for a 1TB Tivo in the first place I would have thought this shouldn't incur extra charges especially as there are non indicated o my web page upgrade offers.

I know the watching VM staff can't get involved in the financial side of things but I'd welcome a comment from them on this sorry episode.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Upgrade Chaos.

If you were replacing a Tivo with the V6 then it shouldn't incur extra monthly charges, however it appears your are effectivly replacing a V+ with a V6 in which case monthly charges will be incurred.

0 Kudos
sueysue
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had the same package when out of the blue towards the end of last year I received a 'great news'  email from virgin telling me that to continue to receive a great service my V+  needed to be upgraded to a Tivo free of any charge. I can now see that this has enabled me swop a Tivo for a V6 without any changes in cost to my package.

I was under the impression that all the V+ were going to be upgraded so if you have been overlooked or they have not got to you yet I think you have a good case for a V+  for a V6 swop.

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fair point stevedh2 but I opened the conversation with words to the effect, 'I see from my login web page I can upgrade to a V6 for a one off fee of £65, how does that work?

He came back with the £69 per month cost, I said I only pay £59 now and it should be the same, he went away and reduced it but not to what I currently pay.

All I asked for was an upgrade to a V6 which apparently would cost me £10 extra per month despite to promise on my login page.

0 Kudos