Menu
kalzakath
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 TALK

Was just wondering if you can talk to the V6 like i can to my Amazon Echo. Would be a great feature not to have keep looking through the endless menus lol.
0 Kudos
cloggs123
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TALK

ive been saying it for years, having the ability to say, "channel 603", or "channel up" or many other possibilities is exactly where tv is going and its a mystery as to why its taken so long to add it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kalzakath, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Currently this isn't a feature of the V6 box however it is a great idea. 

Until then, it's a case of using the good, old fashioned way - the remote control Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F

I have to disagree. The remote control is the modern way.

Some of us recall having to take some exercise to change the channel and some stretching round to the back of the TV to adjust the vertical and horizontal hold.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C

I never had a TV like this - maybe making you feel old now Smiley Wink 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Only changes that VM has done with there TiVo Box V6 is...
1) Smaller then older on but all other UHD/4K boxes are smaller too on the market.
2) Chips are said to be 10 x faster then older box ( will is number year older like all tech chips get faster )
3) Number of channels that box can record has been doubled ( 6 ) after years of sister companies boxes having 6 tuners but SKY ( 4 ) has also doubled they box too
4) Box can help find the remote ?

The Box needs a chip firmware update to allow the box to give the same colour range our UHD/4K TV gives now.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Telewest wrote:
Only changes that VM has done with there TiVo Box V6 is...
1) Smaller then older on but all other UHD/4K boxes are smaller too on the market.
2) Chips are said to be 10 x faster then older box ( will is number year older like all tech chips get faster )
3) Number of channels that box can record has been doubled ( 6 ) after years of sister companies boxes having 6 tuners but SKY ( 4 ) has also doubled they box too
4) Box can help find the remote ?

The Box needs a chip firmware update to allow the box to give the same colour range our UHD/4K TV gives now.

So you'd rather they just kept the same box?
As opposed to making it:

• smaller - It's a little taller than Sky Q, but half the footprint (230mm x 153mm x 55mm beats 330mm x 210mm x 43mm)
  • faster
  • more capable - Sky Q only now beats TiVo with 4 tuners, and V6 is much better. Which 6 tuner 'sister company' TV distributor boxes are you thinking of?

Sky Q also needs a firmware update to support HDR:
"We’re currently working to bring you the best possible Ultra HD experience, but we may look at supporting HDR in the future."
from: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-ultra-hd-questions-answered#7068df4598-will-sky-q-support-hdr

VM have at least said outright they're waiting on a firmware update, rather than Sky's response of 'we'll think about it'.

Those aren't exactly insignificant changes to the TiVo...

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
sja
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

• more capable - Sky Q only now beats TiVo with 4 tuners, and V6 is much better. Which 6 tuner 'sister company' TV distributor boxes are you thinking of?..

He was probably thinking of the original TiVo's in the USA, like for example this:

https://www.tivo.com/shop/bolt-detail

I like the 30% speed up feature on the Bolt.... I never have time to watch all the stuff I record so would be brilliant to watch stuff in high speed mode... I assume the virgin version of this box won't have this feature.

0 Kudos