Menu
PaulRPaisley
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Sound Crashes

Hi. Sorry if this has been posted before.

I've recently (just over a month) rejoined VM and have the V6 box.

I started having problems after about a week where the sound would randomly crash and the only way to correct the issue is to unplug the box and restart (as long as that takes!)

It happens randomly and cannot force the problem when we need to show it however Ive noticed that it happens more so when playing back a recorded show.

A few days ago, an engineer visited and couldn't find the problem, he and his manager who also attended said they had never heard of this problem and gave me a new box.

And since then it's happened another twice on the replacement box.

No turning channels, mute / un mute or anything else seams to correct it other than pulling the power which is extremely annoying.

I've videoed the last time it happened my efforts of bringing sound back.

Has anyone had this issue before of can help?

Called VM just now and surprise surprise they ask you to restart the box which I k ow will temporarily fix it.... but it will come back
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Sound Crashes

Hello PaulRPaisley.

Thanks for posting on the community.

It's strange that this problem is still happening after the engineer has swapped the box.

There could be a problem with the signal so please let me know if it's still ongoing as I may need to arrange another visit.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PaulRPaisley
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, it happened again last night about 22:00. Again I had to reset the box
0 Kudos
PaulRPaisley
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And again last night
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks for letting me know.

I think it's best to have another technician check the signals to your box so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos