Menu
tjc_2005
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 Remote Control...

Okay so the new box is nice and fast, (apps like iPlayer, YouTube and Vevo are still slow though!) And I like the new remote as I don't have to point it at the box, which is what I needed. And some improvements need to be made, such as app speed, WiFi 5ghz won't connect on one of my boxes. And for the love of God please update the interface to a 4k resolution, it looks untouched and old. (You'd expect menus to at least look 4k and not slightly grainy)

However, why did they remove the little return to video window button? You know, the button that shows a window within a window.

Now when I'm watching a recording and I want to pause and check the TV guide or anything in menus, I have to keep hitting the back button to get to the video again. Pressing the TV button takes you out of the recording or on demand video and just jumps you back to live TV.

Am I missing something? Is there a faster way to get back to my show without having to hit back several times.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Remote Control...

Hi tjc_2005, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear your feedback regarding the V6. I will certainly feed this back in to the project. 

In terms of the missing icon you've mentioned, the remote has been streamlined. 

Pressing Back Up is the only button I've found to get back to your show. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi tjc_2005, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear your feedback regarding the V6. I will certainly feed this back in to the project. 

In terms of the missing icon you've mentioned, the remote has been streamlined. 

Pressing Back Up is the only button I've found to get back to your show. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tjc_2005
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello and thanks for responding,  so you're saying the only way to do it is to keep pressing back? What do you mean back up?

Seems silly they removed this button,  it wouldn't have taken up much space for one more button

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unless the V6 software works differently to the TiVo pressing the back button won't get you back to viewing the recording. However, pressing the button marked guide twice will do.
tjc_2005
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've tried pressing back and you do eventually get back to the recording but if what you say about pressing the guide button twice is true then that might be better.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a go later.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Both the back button (could be several presses) and the guide twice button works in getting back to the picture.

It is a bit of a joke in streamlining something that actually now takes longer to do what the button did before....
0 Kudos
lempsky
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath which button and were is that one you reffered to Back Up button on v6 remote.thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

lempsky wrote:
Hi Kath which button and were is that one you reffered to Back Up button on v6 remote.thanks

I assume it is the one marked Back to the far left of the OK button

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can see the layout of the remotes here:

Your Virgin TV remote

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos