Menu
bobblejones
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 Ordered - No Tablet !

I have ordered my V6 box today but when I asked about the tablet that was supposed to come with the package I was told this was for new customers only!!!!

I mentioned I have been a customer for 5 years and had put up with a slow box for 3 months and she sais she would put me through to another team who may be able to give me one. She put me through to the wrong team who knew nothing about the tablet - they then transferred me to another number that swiftly hung up on me.

I cannot spend all day on the phone - can someone from Virgin please confirm the position regarding these tables please - it may sway my decision as to whether to stay or switch to Sky !

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Ordered - No Tablet !

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and just to offer some clarification around this. 

Some packages with us come with a free tablet. These promotions are on and off so you will see them some days and then not the next. 

The promotion is NOT for a TellyTablet though. This is something totally different. 

As mentioned above, you can buy the tablet up front or you can take a freestyle contract with us and pay off over 24 months. 

I'm really sorry if you were told different @bobblejones

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pretty sure the tablet doesn't come with V6.. you have to buy it at £300.00. Tablet can't be ordered until 12th.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure I understand this. Where does it say that a tablet will come with the package.

From what I read the Telly tablet is a separately purchasable item.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
jgordon99
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah agree with @frank_gm. I don't think it's ever been stated that the tablet comes with the package. This is just something that VM are releasing along with the V6 box but it is an additional item. Would be a nice free gift Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Only tablets I have seen are on the mobile page with deals with Samsung mobiles.
0 Kudos
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bobblejones wrote:

I have ordered my V6 box today but when I asked about the tablet that was supposed to come with the package I was told this was for new customers only!!!!

I mentioned I have been a customer for 5 years and had put up with a slow box for 3 months and she sais she would put me through to another team who may be able to give me one. She put me through to the wrong team who knew nothing about the tablet - they then transferred me to another number that swiftly hung up on me.

I cannot spend all day on the phone - can someone from Virgin please confirm the position regarding these tables please - it may sway my decision as to whether to stay or switch to Sky !

Hi, Bobblejones

Virgin Media customers can get their hands on the TellyTablet in December by either choosing a great value Freestyle mobile bundle to spread the cost over 24 months or pay £299 upfront.

Regards,

Martin

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
0 Kudos
bobblejones
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The lady i spoke to said they are given free to new customers
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bobblejones wrote:
The lady i spoke to said they are given free to new customers

That may well be correct, I have seen mention of tablets in new customer deals but are you not an existing customer?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and just to offer some clarification around this. 

Some packages with us come with a free tablet. These promotions are on and off so you will see them some days and then not the next. 

The promotion is NOT for a TellyTablet though. This is something totally different. 

As mentioned above, you can buy the tablet up front or you can take a freestyle contract with us and pay off over 24 months. 

I'm really sorry if you were told different @bobblejones

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos