Menu
Xarroth
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V6 Order Issues

Hi all,

Hoping someone from the forum team may be able to advise on this as I've had some unsuccessful attempts on the phone & with the web chat team.

Yesterday I ordered a V6 box & agreed for the install in February. I received the email & was happy with that.

I then came across this post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/td-p/3281148 which said that if I was on the VIP package then the second box is free.

I wasn't aware of this at the time of ordering so I tried to contact the team to try sort a second V6 box on the phone but the advisor told me as I'm on a "mates rates" deal anything he did would cost me more so better to call the "mates rates" team (not sure if he fully understood my query as it was to an outsourced call centre). I didn't have to do this initially to order the V6 box so I tried with WebChat.

I asked the advisor today via WebChat if it's possible to amend the order to add the additional V6 box which she checked & said no I would be charged for the second box. I pointed her to the thread in question & she went to do some checks.
At first she advised she would probably have to cancel my initial order, which means I would lose my install date & probably be installed later, but there is no guarantee I would get the second box for free. I was hesitant to do this as I didn't want to cancel my order & lose my install date for nothing.
She then advised me she could sort me the second box for free, however my monthly subscription would rise by £30 per month? Which I think is a bit strange considering the box only costs a £50 one off fee and I'd be out of pocket over £400 by the time my contract ends for this "offer".

I'm not desperate to have the second box as it's only for the bedroom but I feel like I've missed out on a good deal which other customers are able to take advantage of. Had I been aware of the offer at the time of placing my order I would have of course taken 2 of them.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Order Issues

Hi Xarroth, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I have spoken to the agent you have spoken to and they are being advised differently. 

Leave it with me, I am currently trying to find out where they are getting their information from and why they haven't been updated. 

Due to the Head's being off until Monday, we may not get a reply til then however this is a main priority for me so as soon as I have any information I will be in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Phone again and choose 'thinking of leaving'. You'll get more sense out of them. 

0 Kudos
stevenwelsh17
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've ordered a V6 box today, was told I could only have one because of demand and as I'm on the VIP package should get the second free as well. It is starting to sound more like, "don't give them away, we can charge instead". Can anyone help with this problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Xarroth, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Checking the account, due to being on the VIP package you will be able to have 2 V6 boxes for £49.95 + £14.99. 

As this will take longer to install we would need to book a new appointment however looking at the availability, the same time slot is still available. 

Give the team a call asap to get the second box added to the Work Order before the slot is taken. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Xarroth
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I just called in to one of the UK advisors as advised above & was told by the advisor that the second box shouldn't be available even at a discount, let alone free.

She checked with a manager & advised me that her info was indeed correct and that the VIP package means I don't pay anything extra monthly but the second box would be chargeable.

Not getting anywhere Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Xarroth, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I have spoken to the agent you have spoken to and they are being advised differently. 

Leave it with me, I am currently trying to find out where they are getting their information from and why they haven't been updated. 

Due to the Head's being off until Monday, we may not get a reply til then however this is a main priority for me so as soon as I have any information I will be in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Xarroth
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Many thanks for your help it's much appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
wilkenstein1974
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well I am literally on the phone right now to someone who clearly can't speak English or understand me and she has absolutely no idea what the new Virgin Media TiVo V6 box is or any costs for it whatsoever.

Plus strangely, whenever I phone VM my Broadband and TV completely go down.

Very long time VM customer, from the old blueyonder days.
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Honestly, how can a company be run with this level of  mis-management  in place. Where are we 19 Dec and so 19 days since the launch and still the incompetence being seen is truly astonishing. Managers responsible for this should be fired asap, implementation teams should be totally ashamed of themselves and replaced. It seems after such an atrocious year VM have leaned no lessons whatsoever. , have you !.

0 Kudos
andy2726
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Registered my interest in V6 weeks ago, got a call 4 weeks ago booking in for 19th December, spent yesterday making sure area was clear, only to call VM this morning to be told installation was for 19th December 2017!! really? a year in advance, somebody is lying

Been told will be made priority so will maybe come in feb 2017

Upgraded to the new hub 6 months ago and had nothing but issues with it dropping out

Long time VM customer, but standards are dropping, time to move on

0 Kudos