Menu
boutynet
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Optical Out No Sound

Evening everyone.

I had my V6 box installed yesterday. I had to wait until this morning to use the box as I suffered the verification issue that others had reported.

The issue I have is that there is no sound through my soundbar. The sound outputs through my TV speakers fine.

I have tried both settings in the audio section on the box (Dolby and PCM) and still nothing.

My setup is as follows;

V6 to Panasonic TV via HDMI cable.
V6 to Philips HTL5140 Soundbar (DTS and Dolby compatible) via optical cable.

Optical cable tested and working.

Great full for any help.
0 Kudos
boutynet
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Optical Out No Sound

*UPDATE*

I contacted Virgin faults this week and was quickly offered an engineer visit for today.

Engineer has visited and not been able to resolve the issue 😡. He suggested it was a known fault with no fix as yet.

I am happy I got an engineer visit arranged so quickly but it does beg the question, why send an engineer around when it's a known fault with no fix. Seems like a waste of time for me and the company.

Some sort of confirmation from Virgin head office would be good here!

Is there likely to be a fix via a software update???
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi boutynet

I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your V6 box. There's not a ticket raised for the no sound via the optical output so I've looked to contact the attending engineer for more information. 

This would explain why an engineer was sent, although we'd love to get this resolved first time so I'm sorry that' hasn't happened. 

As soon as I know more, I'll be in touch to discuss. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
boutynet
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok cheers.
0 Kudos