Menu
JonBoardy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V6 Netflix problems playing shows

I can't get Netflix to play any shows on my new v6 box.

The app loads fine and loads my account and shows all fine but when I try to run a show it loads to 99% and says it is 'having trouble playing the title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title'. this happens for all titles and happens whenever I try (been like this since the box was installed just over a week ago)

i can get Netflix to work through my tv smart hub so I know my Netflix account and internet connection work fine

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Netflix problems playing shows

Are you trying to play UHD content, if so are all of your devices HDCP 2.2 compliant.
i.e. if you have an AMP and it doesn't support HDCP 2.2 you will have to bypass that in order to get UHD to work.

JonBoardy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I've tried a load of different titles. Some of them will have been UHD but not sure if all of them will be. I will check later. 

My TV is a Samsung UE49KS7000 so supports 4K UHD and specifications suggest all HDMI ports support HDCP 2.2  (and it supports my XBOX One S with 4k UHD).

I'm pretty sure the TV reports being 4k UHD when it is playing the V6 box but I can check that later.

Could it be the HDMI cable? I could try swapping for one that I know works for UHD. Any other thoughts on things that I can do to test this? Should it work for non UHD content?

No AMP. I have a wireless soundbar that is driven by the TV but that hasn't even been on for any of my tests.

0 Kudos
JonBoardy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, 

I have done some more work on this and it doesn't seem to be  the hardware. My TV shows the signal it is receiving when I change channels and for the V6 box it shows that it is getting 4k UHD signal. So it is getting HDCP 2.2

Also, this message is the same as when I once tried to fix netflix to work on a different app by changing the DNS settings. So maybe there is a DNS problem somewhere in the chain of either this or my virgin smarthub?

Any advice on this?

Thanks,

Jon.

0 Kudos
JonBoardy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It looks like I may have the same problem as in this thread:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Netflix-issues-on-new-V6-box/m-p/3323421/highlight/...

Not sure what the moderator did in the help via private message but maybe I need the same?

0 Kudos
JonBoardy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

More on this.

I've been trying all things to try to resolve this and noticed that if I remove the network cable and switch the v6 box to wifi connection then netflix works. It;s not quite as smooth as I would like, with a little chop in the framerate, but it does work. 

Odd, because it is the wrong way round from what I would expect (I would expect better connection from the cable). I don't think there's a problem with the cable itself because all other internet actions work and it reports problems when I disconnect it (prompting me to switch to wifi). 

Hope this helps with the investigation.

I have the new superhub 3. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonBoardy,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble using Netflix on your V6 Box.

We've picked up a number of issues that our technicians are trying to resolve. Are you still experiencing problems with Netflix?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kittykatve
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Just to add to my never ending issues with virgin media at the moment (never have I ever had problems prior to this year - what's going on?!), I am also not able to watch netflix content on my new v6 box.

I have an LG 4k tv, I'm connected wirelessly to WiFi as I had issues installing Internet with the cable. WiFi has no problems, netflix says no connection issues, but I also get the aforementioned error message for any of the netflix content (so it starts but can't play). Has anybody had success in resolving this? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kittykatve,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your V6 box.

What happens when you try to watch Netflix on your V6 box, what error message is it displaying?

Please reboot your V6 by the mains and let me know if there's any improvement.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kittykatve
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose. 

No switching it off and again didn't help lol. My error message is the same as what the original poster described - "we're having trouble playing this title at the moment...."

I can log in, but any actual use, including changing profile settings, and it either crashes or displays that message. This is only a problem via the v6 box.

0 Kudos