Menu
Jackop86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 / Netflix 4K

Hi all,

I have an issue with my V6 box but I have a starter question that might solve it immediately.

Is Netflix 4K available on the V6 box yet? I can't really find and answer to this.

If it is, I have a smart tv app of Netflix that runs 4K with no issues. So I know there it's fine to run on my TV. However when running on the V6, all I get is HD 1080p.

I have tried both 2160 and 2160 pass through on the box.

For clarity it's all running through a denon x2200w receiver and the tv is a Samsung ks7000.

Many thanks

Jack
0 Kudos
Daveglasgow70
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 / Netflix 4K

I take it you are using high speed hdmi cables? You can stream the UHD content through box. I, however, have made another post that I am getting stuttering and artefacts on the picture when playing through V6. Have raised fault with Virgin but can see other users are experiencing the same issue

0 Kudos
Jackop86
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes all the cables are good. I have checked them using the ARC on the TV back through the amp. All of them produce  4K and HDR from the Netflix TV App.

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've found that sometimes the app will show that it's HD when it does in fact run as UHD.

The best way to check is press 'info' on the remote when the program is showing and you should see the resolution. It generally will start at HD and change to UHD as it 'loads' the show.
If you are missing the UHD section in Netflix you are likely having a problem with the HDCP handshake.

spuddy2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There are 2 points.
The Netflix on your smart TV is coming through your tv aerial therefore the 4K content on Netflix is coming through the tv aerial it has nothing to do with the hdmi cables connected to your v6 box.
Unless your amp hdmi sockets are 2.0 i.e. 4 k compatible and are running from your v6 box via your amp to your tv you won't get 4K uhd on your tv from your v6 box.
I stand corrected if I am wrong.
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

spuddy2 wrote:
There are 2 points.
The Netflix on your smart TV is coming through your tv aerial therefore the 4K content on Netflix is coming through the tv aerial it has nothing to do with the hdmi cables connected to your v6 box.
Unless your amp hdmi sockets are 2.0 i.e. 4 k compatible and are running from your v6 box via your amp to your tv you won't get 4K uhd on your tv from your v6 box.
I stand corrected if I am wrong.

Netflix through an aerial? That's a new one. It's an app that uses ethernet or wifi through your TV. 

bobblejones
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On my Samsung I can only get Netflix in 4k if the HDMI cable is plugged into HDMI3 - marked MHL

May be a quick solution to try out

Jackop86
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm (if that were needed) that the Netflix app does indeed run through the Ethernet cable and not the aerial.

0 Kudos
Jackop86
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Ill try that although I hope that isnt the issue given that there is only 1 HDMI with ARC (HDMI 4), that one is what I'm using for the 1 output on the receiver into the TV. Would be a shame if I had to bypass it.

0 Kudos