Menu
paulborrett
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 Multiroom vs Sky Q

As I understand it, one of the benefits of the Sky Q multiroom system is that you can place a mini box in a location that is not connected to the dish and still access recordings from the main box.

Is that an option with the V6 box?  Could I just connect one to my home network and stream content saved on another box that is connected to Virgin's network via co-ax?

0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Multiroom vs Sky Q

Yes if you have multiple v6 you can stream from one box to the other. So can record on one box and then stream that recording to the other . Or stream from a box to a ipad etc
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Strangeland16 wrote:
Yes if you have multiple v6 you can stream from one box to the other. So can record on one box and then stream that recording to the other . Or stream from a box to a ipad etc

...but both V6s have to be co-ax connected to the cable network.

0 Kudos
paulborrett
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, got it. Pity it can't duplicate the Sky functionality for streaming over the home network to the bedroom, etc.

Any idea if Virgin would charge an additional monthly fee for a 3rd co-ax connection to their network?
0 Kudos
Jaunty
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So it is the network connection that is important to stream between V6 boxes? Not ethernet or wifi?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's the home network connection which is effected by connecting the V6 or TiVo to the Superhub via Ethernet cable or powerline adapter or wifi which makes MRS possible.

0 Kudos
Jaunty
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah okay so IF my wifi is up to it I can use that for multi room streaming - thanks for your input!

0 Kudos