Menu
BornInThe50s
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Issues

Hi

Had a V6 installed yesterday, my wife was at home when it was installed, so didn't know the installers had disconnected one of the hub cables so they could plug in the V6. They'd unplugged the network cable to a separate, dedicated AP for my security cameras! The AP has it's own SSID for my cameras in an attempt to keep the wireless load of the SuperHub.

When I got home, my wife commented that everything seemed to have gone weird.

1) With my dedicated AP disconnected and the V6 plugged into the SuperHub, my Smartthings home automation system kept loosing wireless connectivity, about every 15 mins? So, I connected the V6 to one of the SuperHub SSID's and re-connected my AP/Security camera's. Same issue. So I created a new SSID on my AP just for the V6 and connected it, same issue. If I put the V6 into standby, the issue disappears and Smartthings works as it's always worked? Turn the V6 back on, and the issue returns?

2) As the remote can be used to control many devices - even if the V6 is in a cupboard - I'm assuming the remote is a "Smart device" running on the 868.42 MHz frequency? The same as the home automation system? Can anyone confirm this as it may be the cause of the Smartthings issue if they're on the same channel etc?

3) I've tried going into settings to look at the remote pairing etc, but it returns the error that the app isn't available - D'oh!

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Issues

The remote uses IR and can also use Bluetooth, unfortunately I do not know what variety or the frequency. I believe that unless you actually pair the remote with the V6 Bluetooth is not used, although the V6 may still be sending looking for a remote.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Issues

The V6 remote is RF, rather than Bluetooth from what I can recall, so try pulling the batteries from the remote and see if things improve?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos