Menu
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Issues, help needed

Hi Guys

I'm hoping some of you can help me or are experiencing similar issues to me with the new V6 box.

I'm having real issues with the V6 box and I'm pretty sure my box is faulty, if not I'm hoping others are having similar issues and these are just teething problems.

My issues started when the box was first installed, immediately myself and my girlfriend noticed the picture quality was nowhere near as crisp and sharp as the TiVo was, despite playing with the settings I am still able to get the picture anywhere near good as the old TiVo.

The box also doesn't play video on the YouTube or BBC iPlayer apps, I have sound just no picture.

I am also experiencing sound drop outs where every few minuets the sound drops out for a second or two.

And to top it all of, the supposedly new ultra quick V6 box is now starting to slow and become unresponsive. Ok its no way near as bad as the TiVo, but it is defiantly slower than when I first had the box installed 3 weeks ago.

I really am considering downgrading back to the old TiVo as this new box is becoming a real burden.

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Issues, help needed

There are many issues with the V6 but the problems you are experiencing are not typical. I suspect you have a connection problem or as you suspect a dud box. Request an engineers visit.

Steve67
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My v6 box has simular problems.. sound no pictures on apps and now the tv.
Engineer booked but have to wait 5 days... not good.
Really like the spec of the v6 but now questioning my decision to leave sky
0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My V6 was changed yesterday and touch wood the new box is working absolutely fine. 

However one thing that did come to light yesterday was that my original V6 wasn't installed correctly when first put in and according to the engineer it was running old TiVo software. He felt most of my issues were a result of this, he did start to update the box but he estimated it could take as long as 90mins so just swapped boxes.

Perhaps this black screen and other issues could be a result of poorly installed V6 boxes?

0 Kudos