Menu
shedlad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 Installation and activation charge

Hi VM Community,

Can you clarify the V6 pricing for me? I've just called and discussed the pricing with a member of your team to replace my current Tivo box with the V6 box. They said that I would have to pay £49.95 + £14.99 activation + £40 installation fee.

Is this correct? I had thought I could take this new box for £49.95 + £14.99 activation fee only. Is it possible to install the box myself or do you have to send an engineer for £40?

Many thanks
Tim

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Installation and activation charge

Self install is available for the V6. There may be circumstances where it's not available, but if you're not offered the choice then you shouldn't be charged the £40 manned install fee.

Only where self install has been offered and you've specifically chosen a manned install would the £40 normally be applicable.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Self install is available for the V6. There may be circumstances where it's not available, but if you're not offered the choice then you shouldn't be charged the £40 manned install fee.

Only where self install has been offered and you've specifically chosen a manned install would the £40 normally be applicable.
shedlad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for the advice. I'll call in again and see what happens

0 Kudos
ryansharpnz
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was just quoted a £119 activation fee. Rip-off.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What package are you on?

If you're not on at least Full House and 200Mbps, then the costs for Virgin TV V6 are £99.95 one off fee for the Virgin TV V6 box itself, and then £20 activation feel.

So this would be a total of £119.95 - so matches your quoted price.

If you are on Full House and 200Mbps (or higher broadband), then it's £49.95 + £20.
dgnc
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a V6 box, a 1Tb Tivo and 500gb Tivo. Both the V6 and 500Gb Tivo are wired connections to the internet. I have Full House + a usually good 200Mbs connection. I would like to replace the 500Gb Tivo with a V6 Box preferably self install. Is this possible and what would be the cost.

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Thanks for your post regarding upgrading one of your TiVo® boxes to the V6 box. 

Based on the package you've written above, to upgrade, there would be a one off charge of £49.95 for the V6 box and a £20 charge to activate it. 

If you're doing a self install then there wouldn't be any further installation fees. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to double check as if you're on the VIP package then the 2nd V6 box would be free with just the £20 activation fee Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos