Menu
sussexroyal
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Installation Farce

Just thought that i would share with you the farce that is to be my V6 Installation

My installation was booked for today 16th December. Great i thought when i booked it not too long to wait. Imagine my horror when i had a no show by the engineer. I contacted customer services and was told after some investigation that, yes , my installation was for 16th December, BUT for 2017. I have now been placed at the bottom of the queue with a delivery 2 months, yes, 2 months from today. If that is customer services looking after their customers leaving me 2 months wait for an error that was theirs.I can see myself getting a nice shiny Sky Q box before then. I hope someone will read this and be able to fast track a delivery slot for me as I am not at all impressed.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Installation Farce

February is not uncommon - and I ordered the first hour of the 1st day for orders, but can't get installation until 3rd Feb. Dec 2017 is ridiculous though - was the sales person looking at wrong year?

0 Kudos
sussexroyal
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I dont believe she was because she said originally it would be January 10th then suddenly said no i have one for December 16.I think it was a typo when booking the engineer. The email and contract all say 2016.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Corinneangela wrote:

February is not uncommon - and I ordered the first hour of the 1st day for orders, but can't get installation until 3rd Feb. Dec 2017 is ridiculous though - was the sales person looking at wrong year?

I also got mid February for install and I only called up today!!!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sussexroyal, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there was a mix up with your installation date. 

When searching the system for availability we do have to manually change the date so it's likely the agent got up to February 2017 and then forgot to change the year back to 2016 when looking at December. 

As mentioned by many others, it's quite common to hear about installation dates for February. We will bring this forward where possible however with how popular this is, it's unlikely to have. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos