Menu
Grambo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Install - What a Joke.

Well after waiting in for 5 hours for my V6 box install which was supposed to be between 1 and 6 pm today 02/01/2017. I have now been advised that the so called operator has entered an incorrect date of 02/01/2018 and there will be no visit today.

To then add insult to the injury I have now been advised the next available appointment will be the middle of March 2018 or may be 2019 if I'm lucky depending on operator.

Unfortunately there is no way of telling if this was a legitimate mistake as the online update tracker does not show the year.

0 Kudos
andycambs
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Install - What a Joke.

A little hard to believe there are no spaces for installs in the next fifteen months...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

andycambs wrote:
A little hard to believe there are no spaces for installs in the next fifteen months...

I fear you may have completely missed the sarcasm dripping from the second paragraph....

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Grambo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well after being given dates in March and the end of February. I've cancelled the order.

Not bad for 15 Years.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd have taken the end of Feb date and given them a ring every so often to see if it can be advanced - there have been people pulling installs forward by 6 weeks or so, it all depends on the load on the installers.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grambo, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there was a mistake when setting up your installation. 

Currently sales agents can only book the orders when there is enough quota. Depending on that, our Quota team then look at creating further appointments by drafting in more engineers. 

As well as this cancellations mean earlier dates can crop up. 

We've been able to reschedule quite a few for a lot sooner than originally planned. 

If you change your mind let us know and we'll check the dates for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos