Menu
NigelGibbens
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 HDCP2.2 incompatibility

This is to help anyone who has the problem that I have had.  New V6 box fitted by engineer but projector showed error message that my TV isn't HDCP2.2 compatible.  But it worked with an old flat screen TV.  This is because the TV receiver that serves my projector is HDCP2.2 compatible and so the V6 box sends an HDCP2.2 signal to it.  Then the whole set up has to be HDCP2.2 compatible and neither the projector or cable that serves it was.  The solution is a HDCP2.2 to HDCP1.4 converter.  Neither the Virgin engineer nor Virgin Help (otherwise very helpful) knew this.  It would be nice if Virgin added this to FAQs!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 HDCP2.2 incompatibility

Hi NigelGibbens,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced a problem with the compatibility of the V6 with your equipment. Thank you for updating the Forum with your experience on how to get this to work.

I've sent your feedback to our support teams so this can be shared.

Thanks again,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Pic_whizz
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 HDCP2.2 incompatibility

I just moved the V6 hdmi cable to Hdmi7 on my Pioneer LX801 AV receiver. Hdmi7 is HDCP1.4 only, job done! No converter required!
0 Kudos