Menu
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 Ethernet connection

Hi
Just wondering if there is anything special about this, or does it just need to be able to access the internet.

My VM Hub is run in modem mode so the Ethernet connection goes via my own router, is likely to cause any problems ?

As an aside I quite liked the tivo having its own modem as it still seemed to have an internet connection even when the one via the hub was down.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Ethernet connection

The reason the V6 has it's Ethernet via the hub is for UHD streaming, you need roughly 30 meg for this and the old style internal modem simply wasn't up to the job, if you want a V6 you need to be on at least a 100 meg package (I assume so you still have some bandwidth while it's streaming)

Mine goes via my Asus router and it works fine you just have to have your Tablet/Phone on that routers wifi rather than the SH

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Ethernet connection

The reason the V6 has it's Ethernet via the hub is for UHD streaming, you need roughly 30 meg for this and the old style internal modem simply wasn't up to the job, if you want a V6 you need to be on at least a 100 meg package (I assume so you still have some bandwidth while it's streaming)

Mine goes via my Asus router and it works fine you just have to have your Tablet/Phone on that routers wifi rather than the SH

0 Kudos