Menu
jonathanpye
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 Connection to Hub via Wi-FI

Hello everyone,

a very simple question based on something I can normally sort out myself but can't seem to find an option to do it on the v6 box settings....

How do I connect my V6 to a superhub2 via Wi-Fi rather than Ethernet cable... the engineer who fitted it said it still requires Ethernet and powerlines if I get a second box to replace my secondary TIVO, yet in the forums there seems to be indications that the V6 can connect via Wi-Fi.

Please advise how to connect V6 to Hub via Wi-fi

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Connection to Hub via Wi-FI

If you remove the Ethernet cable from the V6 box the WiFi settings options should appear.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you remove the Ethernet cable from the V6 box the WiFi settings options should appear.

jonathanpye
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

thanks for the response , so if I get a second box which is not near hub then I can link via Wi-Fi and will this allow streaming between boxes as both will be connected to the same internal home network??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

jonathanpye wrote:
Hi Graham

thanks for the response , so if I get a second box which is not near hub then I can link via Wi-Fi and will this allow streaming between boxes as both will be connected to the same internal home network??

Provided the WiFi signal is strong enough, yes.  Otherwise you would need to use power line adaptors if Ethernet is not possible.  The second box also needs to be connected to a VM coax connection.

keith51
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 installed today. Am trying to tidy up/hide the various cables and wires behind my tv, so not happy I now have a dirty big yellow cable going into the superhub. This is progress?!  I have broadband wi fi, so why do I need ethernet for the V6? Surely this is a backward step from the TIVO?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonathanpye, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that the engineer didn't show you how to connect the box via wifi Smiley Sad 

As mentioned by Graham_A, you will need to remove the Ethernet Cable before you can connect via Wifi. This is because the box will override any other connection if it detects an ethernet cable. 

Once the ethernet is disconnected, you can connect to wifi following these steps: Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Change Network Settings > Other options > Connect to Wifi

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi keith51, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're unhappy with the set up currently. 

Connecting the V6 box via ethernet cable the best and most stable way to connect however if having the cable there bothers you, you can connect via the Wifi by following the steps in my post to jonathanpye. 

If you have any further issues or questions, just let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos