Menu
kingkerouac
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Charges??!!

Last week I placed an order to upgrade to a V6 box online.

I specified a date for installation of Saturday 1st April (first choice) and Saturday 8th April (2nd choice). Also the charges were £99 for the box (one off charge) and 14.99 installation one-off charge.

I have the full house TV package and I have heard that as such I would receive a loyalty bonus of 50%.

But yesterday I received an email from Virgin in which they tell me they have booked an installation date of Monday 10 April. Also that they have added a 'manned installation' charge of £40. There was no mention of this on the site.

This is a bit chaotic. 

Is it possible someone from CS can explain what is going on?

I asked specifically for a Saturday installation as I, like everyone I know, works during the week. Also where the hell did the additional £40 charge come from?.

I have just got off the phone to a CS operative who told me that there was no discount available for anyone, even those on the Full House package.

Is this true?

Can anyone from Virgin let me know also whether there will be an additional monthly charge for the V6 box?

Thanks

K

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Charges??!!

So you should have had the option to do a self install. That is covered by the £14.99 fee and should be the default option.

If self install is available but a customer chooses an engineer install then an additional £40 is applicable. If self install isn't available for whatever reason then the £40 fee shouldn't be charged.

If you're happy to do self install, you'd need to get your current order cancelled and rebooked for a delivery instead (you can select any address for this, doesn't have to be your home). If you're told that self install isn't available, then they should remove the £40 fee. If self install is available but you still want a manned installation, then the £40 fee is correct.

For the main one off fee the lower fee is available where you have Full House TV and 200Mbps broadband. Have one or the other but not both, and the higher fee is charged.

In regards to the monthly fee, there shouldn't be a change if you already have a TiVo box. If you're swapping from a V box then additional monthly charges may apply.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
kingkerouac
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Charges??!!

Thanks Ben

0 Kudos