Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9 (326 Views)

V6 Boxes Can't See Each Other

I am new to Virgin from Sky. I opted for 2 V6 boxes and the 200mb full house package. I'm having lots of problems with catch up not being available so I started to record more shows as I thought that would be easier but now I can't watch programmes on one box that was recorded on the other. I just keep getting errors, box not available etc. For the initial installation the router is in one room feeding a powerline to the two boxes. I've tried one on wifi,both on wifi,switch off, reboot etc but I still can't get it to work. Talked my wife into getting Virgin,now all I'm getting is earache. Please help me sort this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 9 (318 Views)

Re: V6 Boxes Can't See Each Other

Provided both boxes are on the same network, shouldn't be an issue

Where are the two boxes relative to your HUB? Have you 3 power-line adapters- 1 at the HUB and 2 next to respective V6 boxes?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9 (314 Views)

Hub is in the lounge, central location connected to a powerline into the sitting room where my  first box is, 2nd box is in the bedroom also connected via powerline. I can connect  both boxes via wifi but that makes no difference. I have given my 5ghz network it's own name so I know my pc and ipad are connecting to that if that makes any difference. The boxes don't appear to have 5ghz connectivity so it shouldn't matter. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9 (279 Views)

i share your pain although I did have my boxes working fine via wifi up until yesterday.  I did get them both working on 5G but they did not work on 2.4G.  so it is important (as far as I can tell) that you get your 5G working.  Having said that one of my boxes has now ceased to connect to my 5G so, like you, I can't watch the contents of one box on the the other.  I have no idea of why it has suddenly decided not to work (it comes up when you scan for wifi addresses, but won't connect when I put the password in), and despite rebooting SH3 and V6 box it still won't (re)connect to 5G.  Signal strength is good (80%).  I think there are still some bugs to sort out.  Alan LS

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9 (274 Views)

I created a separate ssid for my 5ghz signal. The box can see the network but won't connect, by that I assumed there was no 5ghz connectivity to the v6 box. I don't know if that's correct. Sky was expensive but at least it worked as it should.😔
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 6 of 9 (256 Views)

Its odd- Ill pass it over to the right team, see if they have any ideas, as mine works fine- tested on powerlines, WiFi and hardwired.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9 (251 Views)

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9 (63 Views)

Did this get resolved?

I have the exact same issue - neither of the 2 V6 boxes can see each other or be controlled by the TV Anywhere app but both are connected to SH3 (one by cable, one by wifi) 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9 (59 Views)

I did get it to work eventually. Both boxes are fed from power line units now. The second box wouldn't be recognised with an older power line unit so had to buy TP Link 1200mbps ones and that seems to have sorted it. The rest of the system i.e. on demand can still be a bit flaky from time to time. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos