Menu
acme_dude
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box

Just had my V6 box installed and can't get the output to work with my Yamaha av amp.

I get the following message on screen 

"This content is not compatible with your TV

Please connect HDMI OUT to the HDMI input jack that supports HDCP2.2 of the TV"

All other sources work fine through the amp

I,ve tried manually select the available signal types in the V6 box with it connected direct to TV but still get same message when I put it back through amp. 

I apologise in advance if I have not post this in the right place but it's my first time in a forum

Colin, 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box

In that case, swap the Tivo into one of the none HDCP 2.2 connections on the AMP and reboot Tivo.
Once it's rebooted it should see that the AMP can't support 2.2.

I can't remember which menu it is off hand, but if you go into the system info screen for Tivo, next to the entry for HDCP it should say 1.4 enabled instead of 2.2

I think the issue is if you connect the Tivo to a socket which supports 2.2, it will try to output that to the TV.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It basically means your amp is not HDCP2.2 complient

0 Kudos
acme_dude
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yamaha RX-V681 newish model

I can't believe it's down to the amp when I only bought it 6 weeks ago

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try a different port on the AMP.
Looking at the spec, it does support HDCP 2.2 but only 3 ports of the AMP does.
If you look in the manual it should tell you which of the ports support HDCP 2.2

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv681/yama-rxv681-blk

"Number of HDMI inputs/outputs. Number that will accept HDCP 2.2 is in brackets. This is the standard required for Ultra HD Blu-ray"
"6 in/1 out (HDCP 2.2 - 3/1)"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Worth a search of the forum - I'm sure this has been reported (and a solution suggested) before.

It's the TV that has the issue, not the amp.

If you connect the V6 directly to the TV by HDMI, does it work?

It's the TV that's not compliant with 2.2 and that's all that the amp gives your TV whereas V6 directly gives it something lower.

0 Kudos
acme_dude
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The TV is an old Pana Plasma which i don't want to change cause i'm not looking to watch 4K

If i connect the V6 direct it works fine

Tried into different port of the amp and it's still the same

Been looking into the problem myself and it's down to HDCP2.2 copy protection, i can't get my head round if it works when direct connected, why won't it work through the amp

I've seen a HDCP2.2 - HDCP1.4 converter which seems like it would do the job but they ain't cheap

So any work around from on here will save me trying something which is costly and may not work

Colin

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In that case, swap the Tivo into one of the none HDCP 2.2 connections on the AMP and reboot Tivo.
Once it's rebooted it should see that the AMP can't support 2.2.

I can't remember which menu it is off hand, but if you go into the system info screen for Tivo, next to the entry for HDCP it should say 1.4 enabled instead of 2.2

I think the issue is if you connect the Tivo to a socket which supports 2.2, it will try to output that to the TV.

acme_dude
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for that info, it worked fine everything working through the amp as it should,

The amp has 5 HDMI inputs, 3 being the HDCP2.2 and 2 not marked, so i put it into No5, one that isn't marked, and away it went

Only problem now is the V6 box has died, been onto Virgin tech for an hour and a revisit by the engineer has been booked to swap the box, but not till next Monday :-(

0 Kudos