Menu
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box

I'm interested in aquiring the new box and have as my main box. Replace my smaller spare room box and put my Tivo in that room , question if i go down that route will the recordings on my Tivo now be able to transfer over to the new V6 box in my living room and therefore still allow me to watch them there ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box

Not transfer, but they would be playable over a network connection between the two boxes.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply does my Tivo have WI FI capabilities ? If so would i need a power line connection to enable this to work ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo doesn't have wifi, V6 does.

However powerline would be the better option if at all possible.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'm a little unsure of the process as i would like to upgrade to the V6 but loathe to lose my recordings which i want to watch on my main television if I move the Tivo in to another room
Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You would keep the TiVo (with recordings), and add the V6 box to replace the older box you currently have.

Place them around the house as you need, but if you wish to watch recordings from one on the other, then they would need to both be connected to your Superhub.

The V6 has wifi, but the TiVo would need a wired Ethernet connection. If the TiVo is to be located in a different room to your Superhub, then you'd either need to run a long cable, or use powerline Ethernet adaptors to link the two.

As an example, these from Amazon should work.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014HCF6X2/

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info I'll have to think about it

Colin
0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If i go for the power line route which is what i would need to do would the Virgin engineer carry power line connection with them or will i need to purchase before upgrading my system ?
Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You would need to supply the powerline connection yourself.

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks for the info

Colin
0 Kudos