Menu
leelyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box signal Issues

For those of you with a V6 box you may experience signal problems when using TV functions such as ASPECT control this is particularly true of more recent Smart TV models. For example, Panasonic TX 700B and there may be more, the TV remote is not communicating with the Virgin box. To date all that has been recommended is that the picture ratio is altered manually, this is not the solution, if the remote is not talking to the V6 box it is because they are incompatible on signal identification it is an inputs and output problem. Until it is solved look forward to the picture defaulting to 4.3 particularly on film stock. If anyone knows how to fix it please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box signal Issues

?!?!?!

Unless they've changed something the V6 should output 16:9 letterboxed unless it's told otherwise, so 4:3 content will appear at the correct aspect ratio just in the centre of your screen.

Anything different to that would likely be your TV.

Can you post a picture of your display settings for the V6, and similarly your TV.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
leelyn
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TV supplier mailed to offer a change of TV which would make one think it is a TV fault, but the fact that the TV remote cannot engage through the Aspect  button with the Virgin V6 allows me to believe that the V6 may well be the issue.

Changing one TV model or make may change nothing, perhaps someone from Virgin V6 team could intercede here today and offer some real guidance about this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

There is no Aspect Ratio button on the V6 remote control.

Only your TV remote controls that.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

To make the aspect ratio always correct the V6 should be set to panel

0 Kudos
leelyn
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but my post said TV remote control does not engage with Virgin V6

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

And it won't - the TV remote control alters the aspect ratio which your TV uses to display content, not the aspect ratio the V6 outputs.

I assume, if it's a Panasonic TV, that the aspect ratio setting on the TV is set to something akin to "Fill", which is stretching the output of the V6 to fill the screen when it shouldn't do.

0 Kudos
leelyn
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ran the TV on old Tivo Box which recognised the aspect signal from my Panasonic Remote and allowed me to refine as needed. This cannot be done through the V6 box it simply refuses to access and says so on screen when tried.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Take a picture of the error message.

0 Kudos
leelyn
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

CANNOT CHANGE ASPECT WITH THIS SIGNAL   is the screen message via V6

The old TiVo box offers a number of different ratio choices when aspect button is used

0 Kudos