Menu
SparkyG
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box rebooting

This is my first post on this forum so I hope it is in the right place, many appologies if not.

V6 box re-booted during Elementary as many members have posted.

I had my V6 box installed 2 days ago as a replacement for my 3 year old Tivo box, which I had installed in another room. Following the installation of the V6 box I set up all my series links but left everything on the original Tivo box, so all programs would be recorded on both boxes.

During playback of Elementery from the V6 box I experienced the re-boots as other members have experienced, so I decided to watch the recording from my original Tivo box networked to my V6 box.

Guess What???  Yep.... This Crashed The System Also.  How does that work ????

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box rebooting

it's a known issue and is being worked on, everyone who recorded elementry on the V6 and watched it had the box crash, you can FF past the bit that causes the crash or watch it on on demand, Modern Family cause a similar crash last week, (I think it's Sky sabotaging the box Smiley Tongue)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Interesting additional info that Sparkg says the recording also crashes the older TiVo box when watched via that device. Not seen any other reports of that.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:
Interesting additional info that Sparkg says the recording also crashes the older TiVo box when watched via that device. Not seen any other reports of that.

Perhaps it still crashed the V6 even when playing back over the network

0 Kudos
PjL
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are lot's of comments at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-box-reboots-during-playback/td-p/3330754

Clearly an issue with the recorded data and the software used to play it as everyone has the issue in the same place in the recording.  An error handling problem in the software should just cause it to go back to the menu or some other fixed point rather than re-boot. 

I had a series 1 Tivo for years and it never failed once.  But as there was no program guide available for it anymore it got thrown out still working.

0 Kudos
Steve67
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

my v6 crashes when im watch a recorded program or live tv,, and it's getting more regular ,, along with no bbc iplayer or vevo or youtube apps working..ive only had virgin 4 weeks ,, as far as im concerned they can stick it and ill go back to SKY.

0 Kudos