Menu
evo676
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box question

I have 3 Tivo boxes, 2 upstairs in bedrooms, and 1 downstairs in living room.

I have just spoken to 2 different online chat agents and informed them that I want to upgrade all of my Tivo boxes (3off) to the new V6 boxes.  They asked if the existing Tivo boxes are within 3 meters of the Superhub, if not then the V6 boxes wont work, they need to be within 3 meteres of the Superhub.  They said is it ok to move the Superhub with 3 meters of the V6 box.  Well, if I do that with the one downstairs then the 2 upstairs will be further away again from the Superhub.  So what they are saying is that I can only have 1 V6 box in my existing setup.

CONFUSED.COM

Why cant I have 1 V6 downstairs, and 2 V6 upstairs like I have now with my Tivo boxes, what the hell are they on about.

Please help

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box question

They prefer them to be connected by Ethernet but you can use powerline adapters or wifi. 

However im not sure how many boxes you can order at present. Try ringing 150 to find out what you can do. 

0 Kudos
evo676
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers.  I will just use my existing Belkin boxes I have plugged into the Ethernet on my Tivo boxes.  Should do the trick as before.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You should be able to order 3 of them at this time.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos