Menu
GeordieCol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box items missing

Opened the box to commence installation and quickly realised that I couldn't continue due to the fact that there was no Powerline adaptors to connect the Ethernet cables to.  The installation booklet clearly states that items marked in yellow have been supplied in the box.  I called Virgin who said they may do it wirelessly and would get the team to ring me.  When they did about 15 minutes later I had the box set up but he wanted the serial number off the router.  I advised that when the super hub was installed there was no sticker on the bottom or anywhere on the hub.  After a brief argument about there being one on there he said that an engineer would have to call and complete the installation.  Anyone else had this problem as I cant be the only person who has his hub upstairs in the office/bedroom. I had better not be charged for the visit either.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box items missing

Did you specifically order the powerline adaptor? As far as I am aware they are not automatically supplied as you have to pay for them.
0 Kudos
GeordieCol
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I didn't but nobody asked me where the hub was situated.  It states that items marked in yellow are in the box - which the powerline adaptor is.  I can't install the thing myself without it (or would need an extra long Ethernet cable strung from upstairs)

stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

for the moment set it up using wifi, theres a reasonable chance it will be ok.

I'm pretty sure you have to specify and pay extra if you need powerline adaptors to get them , so not sure why they are marked as having been included on the box.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yup I agree the adaptors are extra and you would have to tell them you needed them and pay for them.

0 Kudos
GeordieCol
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone.  According to the instructions I need two.  Do I get them from Maplins etc.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I got some from Amazon.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@wrote:

Thanks everyone.  According to the instructions I need two.  Do I get them from Maplins etc.

Have you checked to see if it works without them using wifi ?

0 Kudos
Browser007200x
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

True not supplied, problem is ace customer goes for deal or upgrade and nobody is aware of the house set up as they should review and advise b4 hand! Too simple do people get avoidable issues !
0 Kudos