Menu
bubble
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box installed today but have a few issues

HI,

Had a V6 box installed today and was working well using iPlayer e.t.c when tech left. However since then it appears to have lost its internet connection. The V6 is connected to the Superhub by Wifi can anyone help me get the connection re established. In addition I also have a Tivo which I would like to share across the network so I can view the recordings on the V6, the Tivo is near the Superhub so I could connect it with a Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable but is this all I need to do? Or is there something else I need to do to enable the V6 box to see the Tivo

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give

0 Kudos
bubble
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box installed today but have a few issues

I have now managed to reconnect the Wifi and have tried plugging the TiVo into the Superhub and I can now see the Tivo on the V6. So far the speed of the V6 is impressive even when using apps like iPlayer and navigation through the menus is really quick.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your wifi environment may be marginal for using with V6. Perhaps your neighbour came home, turned on their network and interfered with your wifi which caused it to drop.

If your wifi proves problematic going forward, it may be worth considering using powerline adapters for the connection as it would be more stable and reliable.

Jaunty
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi....so if you have a strong wifi network (I use a powerline repeater with 2 x Apple Airport Extremes so it is quite robust) you do not have to connect the V6 via LAN? I ask as I have just ordered 2 x V6 to replace my Tivos and install is on Thursday. I can get 2 x cheap powerline adapters if I need to but as long as the install can go ahead without them I will wait to see performance. My AppleTVs and Amazon Stick all work fine for HD over wifi.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you're happy with the wifi strength at the locations of the V6s, you should initially go with wifi and revert to powerline adapters if you hit any problems. V6 supports both 2.4 and 5GHz bands and you can choose which suits best for range and performance for your boxes.

0 Kudos
Jaunty
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great thanks of that. I'm on a 200mb package  and have had no issues since I put  secondary transmitter downstairs off a power line 

0 Kudos