Menu
michaelb104
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box in Loft

Hi, looking for some help with V6 box placement.

I am thinking about upgrading my current tivo to the V6 and at the same time have a second V6 for the bedroom. The problem, in the bedroom the TV is on the wall and all the cabling comes through the ceiling (power / aerial cable).

Would it be possible to site the V6 in the loft and still have the remote work as I understand it is RF or Bluetooth so it does not need line of site, but would having the V6 in the loft be a stretch too far for the remote??

Any advice/guidance greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box in Loft

I think you'd be pushing it tbh - there are reports of it not behaving in the same room atm.

That said, assuming you can get an Ethernet connection up there (or you have really good wifi coverage!), then you could use the TV Anywhere app as a remote control.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think you'd be pushing it tbh - there are reports of it not behaving in the same room atm.

That said, assuming you can get an Ethernet connection up there (or you have really good wifi coverage!), then you could use the TV Anywhere app as a remote control.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
michaelb104
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply, I might have to have another think.

Will have to see if the wife would be happy to use the anywhere app - eeekkk

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tbh I'd think about putting the box in the room if you can - it'll make life a LOT easier to install and configure!

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That aside if you really wanted to put it in the loft and the bedroom ceiling proved too much of a challenge for the remote, you could always use the anywhere app on a phone to control it...

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No way the remote will work in that set up, VM claim it will work in a cupboard but as above even if same room its iffy, I have IR remotes that can bounce all over my rooms and still change channels but the Tivo in Wireless/Bluetooth mode is not great IMO.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

jhuk wrote:

No way the remote will work in that set up, VM claim it will work in a cupboard but as above even if same room its iffy, I have IR remotes that can bounce all over my rooms and still change channels but the Tivo in Wireless/Bluetooth mode is not great IMO.

I completely disagree. The V6 remote in RF mode works my V6 from anywhere in my house.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

jhuk wrote:

I completely disagree. The V6 remote in RF mode works my V6 from anywhere in my house.

As does mine, maybe its susceptible to other rf interference.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Kind of opposite of what Elf confirms about reports in the 1st sentence above so I cannot be alone.

In my mothers set up the remotes are no better than IR's, not sure why as no other equipment to interfere as she is 75+ with no PC etc etc.

0 Kudos