Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11 (509 Views)

V6 Box Swap & Contracts !!!

[ Edited ]

Ok, so I just got the email saying that I can get the V6 box for just a £20 connection fee

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/box-swap-v6

I decided to go for this offer but I have just received an email with an account summary saying that my package has been changed even though the package itself has not been changed whatsoever, just the box.

Iv looked through the terms and there is absolutely no reference to being tied into a new contract but I just wanted to make sure as I am not currently prepared to be locked into another 12-18 month contract.

Could any staff members please clarify that since im already out of contract that taking this offer will not lock me into another contract.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11 (461 Views)

Re: V6 Box Swap & Contracts !!!

[ Edited ]

*Bump*

I'v had the text saying it will arrive on Wednesday. Iv scoured the terms for mention of a contract and there is nothing unless its hidden away from the offer page.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11 (417 Views)

*Bump*
Do any staff monitor these forums?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11 (349 Views)

This is probably the worst "community support forum" I have ever experienced. Not even a single reply from a staff member, useless.

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11 (337 Views)

I have an email and a new 12 month contract, and also managed to get a price reduction even though it is for exactly the same service but with now two v6 boxes. I did enquire before and was told that if you had a v6 box swap you had to take a new contract and you lost loyalty bonuses as well
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11 (273 Views)

If it's any help I had a faulty V+HD swapped out with a V6. Thought nothing more until a new contract arrived via email saying that I had changed my package.

I rang customer services to query this, apparently the new contract is sent out automatically with any new equipment. I was advised just to ignore it and they put a note on my account to confirm this.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 7 of 11 (222 Views)

There should be no contract change unless you were on lower than 100Mb broadband which is 'required' for the V6.

You would have got an email saying "You made some changes to your package" as the 'TiVo monthly fee' has been removed and the 'Virgin TV V6 Box, powered by TiVo' added to your account.

The monthly fee for both boxes is the same so nothing to worry about and no, you're not tied into a new contract.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 11 (173 Views)

Hey,

We had the exact same problem, we got a phone call saying we could have a free upgrade to the new HUB and the V6 box. Not too shabby.
They went through everything and then said it was a £20 one of activation fee, we then declined as things are a bit tight at the moment. They they said as loyal customers they would waive the activation fee making it completely free.
We said we would then obviously like to go ahead. An hour later we receive a bill which has now increased by £21 a month, very confused, and still don't really have the money to pay extra for a service we wasn't particularly bothered about.
We phoned up to query this, apparently we was on a new customer discount (have been a customer for 8 years but always try to keep our bill low when we resign). By agreeing to the new V6 box we have essentially voided our new customer discount which has now been taken off our account and we will be paying full price. This was never mentioned on the original phone call. I'm thinking they might be doing this to other people. It's a lot more money for them with tj3 activation fee and taking everyone's discounts off them.
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 9 of 11 (148 Views)

MsHopey wrote:
Hey,

We had the exact same problem, we got a phone call saying we could have a free upgrade to the new HUB and the V6 box. Not too shabby.
They went through everything and then said it was a £20 one of activation fee, we then declined as things are a bit tight at the moment. They they said as loyal customers they would waive the activation fee making it completely free.
We said we would then obviously like to go ahead. An hour later we receive a bill which has now increased by £21 a month, very confused, and still don't really have the money to pay extra for a service we wasn't particularly bothered about.
We phoned up to query this, apparently we was on a new customer discount (have been a customer for 8 years but always try to keep our bill low when we resign). By agreeing to the new V6 box we have essentially voided our new customer discount which has now been taken off our account and we will be paying full price. This was never mentioned on the original phone call. I'm thinking they might be doing this to other people. It's a lot more money for them with tj3 activation fee and taking everyone's discounts off them.

Don't let them get away with that, they never told you that you'd lose your discount so you need to make a complaint. Ring up and use the "thinking of leaving us" option. Explain what's happened and that you weren't told about the loyalty discount being taken away and you'd like to revert back to your previous price. If you're not getting anywhere, make a formal complaint.

Complaints procedure here.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11 (139 Views)

Bump....
Can any staff please reply ASAP.
The email I received offering the free box (£20 activation) makes absolutely no mention of the word contract in the small print which I read carefully. The email I received welcoming to my new package was identical to my previous ackage expect the £3.99 price hike of course.
This email also did not have the word contract on it anywhere.
Please could a staff member confirm that I’m not getting tied into a new contract as I will need to return the box if this is the case under the 14 day contract clause.
I’d appreciate a reply please, I think iv been fairly patient.
Many thanks.
0 Kudos