Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 13 (292 Views)

V6 Box Slow to respond!

Hi,

A couple of days ago my V6 box suddenly started reacting really slowly to Me changing the channel, flicking through the guide etc, even if I click to turn the volume up it goes up and down in 4's...

I've restart the box, cleared the contents, cleared the likes etc and reset the router - no changes...

Is anyone else suddenly having these issue?

Can you help??

Thanks
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13 (284 Views)

Re: V6 Box Slow to respond!

I had similar when my remote somehow changed back to IR from RF. check that your remote is paired properly.

other then that never really had any slugishness.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 13 (264 Views)

Do you know how I change it to IV??
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 13 (263 Views)

Do you know how I change it back to IR?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13 (224 Views)

Hi adosborne83

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your V6 box recently.

When you press the buttons on the front of the box itself, is the response time better?

I've not been able locate your account to run some tests on the box from our end, so if that doesn't help could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll get right to it. 

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13 (219 Views)

Hi adosborne83

Thanks for the response, are you able to let me know if you're also having trouble when pressing the buttons on the front of the set top box? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 13 (218 Views)

I've just tried and it doesn't improve when I try to flick through the channels with the remote inches away from the box.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13 (216 Views)

Hi adosborne83

Thanks again for the response, is there a difference when pressing the buttons on the front of the set top box? 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 13 (215 Views)

It works quickly if I use the buttons on the box
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13 (208 Views)

Thanks for the fast response again adosborne83

Are you experiencing these issues with all commands? E.g. If you've paired your remote to your TV are you finding changing the volume is working well or is that delayed too? 

If it's delayed too, could you try clearing and re-pairing the remote. You can find out more about doing that on [this thread]

If the volume is working well but the rest is not, it could be a problem with the remote itself or an issue with the receiver on the set top box, but it'll be good to narrow down the possibilities.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos